Favourite movie scene

I was chatting with some friends about passing time watching so many movies. We got around to some of our all time favourite scenes and it was a great chat.

I thought that might be a fun topic to pass the time on here.

Post you favourite movie and a few words on why it is your favourite. Not whole movies, just single scenes.

Mine was very easy to come up with. It’s in Before Sunset when Celine reaches out to touch Jesse but pulls back.

It”s not technically dazzling. There is no amazing cinematography or editing. It’s just a straight shot of two people talking. What it has is emotional depth behind compare. It’s two lovers we have grown to care about for two movies. This is the scene when they begin to take off their protective masks and admit their feelings. She wants to touch him. She needs to touch him. It’s been building for 10 years. But she pulls back denying herself, and us, what we want so badly.

That gesture is one of the most powerful in cinematic history.

1 Like

I havnt seen this since it came out. Gonna watch it this weekend.

True Romance - The Sicilian scene

2 Likes

That would be top 10 for me for sure. Tarantino at his best.

This one maybe?

This movie was released in 1993. It honestly wouldn’t look that bad for 2020.

1 Like

Stop

Draft?

2 Likes

Some of you are way more knowledgeable than I am, but I’d rail with interest.

To me, this is the right answer.

1 Like

It wouldn’t make my favourite scenes but would for sure be top 3 movie theatre experiences. I can still remember it like it was yesterday. And the practical effects hold up amazingly well.

1 Like

Not a bad idea if people are interested.

1 Like

Off the top of my head, the final scene of the Usual Suspects when

Spacey is walking down the sidewalk and straightens out his ‘bad’ leg

In a more recent film, gotta be in Avengers Infinity War when

The snap happens and a good chunk of the Avengers get turned to dust

1 Like

I’d be well up for a movie scenes draft.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

That is a good one!

1 Like

As far as sci action scenes I always liked this as the one time someone did a good job with the X men
Showcases cool mutant abilities, sets the stakes by showing the Sentinels are unbeatable, and ends on a WTF moment?

1 Like
1 Like

In a long list of memorable 007 openings, this is by far my favorite. Nail biting action (I just rewatched it and bit my nails so description is accurate) and ends with a great Bond quip; not a lame pun (don’t worry, there’s one of those too!) but a legitimately funny one liner.

2 Likes
1 Like

These are all good but let’s see some write ups about why they are your favourite. :grin: