Fatboy8 hijacks thread for his Vegas trip.

Ninja edit!

Lol at Welcome to Aria followed by THREE exclamation points. Even they are excited for your win!

1 Like

Hard agree with Craps. I once won like 10k off a $500 buyin at craps. Craps GOAT.

Nice TR. Love Milk Bar what did you end up with?

1 Like

i’m in some stage of my longest losing streak in pretty much everything. I usually get too jealous reading these winning TR while i’m losing, but i liked this one.

never had a non alcoholic ipa. sounds weird, but i also really like IPAs so maybe i’ll try one.

1 Like

Home

10 Likes

Pai Gow Poker goat pit game since you actually get to hold the cards. Sounds silly but it’s the ideal free drink game IMO. Face up variant is my fav cuz you don’t have to memorize any strategy to play optimally.

3 Likes

Thanks! We love all things Milk Bar too! I got my sister and my partner each a tin full of 6 cookies (one of each variety other than gluten free) and a canvas tote bag. I had the cereal milk soft serve today. Had the red velvet soft serve (meh) and crack pie after Momofuku the other day.

IPAs are the only thing I miss since getting sober over 4 years ago. I don’t really know how to compare them 1:1 due to the gap in tasting both, but a couple of craft breweries make a really great NA IPA to my palette. Athletic Brewing Run Wild is great. Monday I got a 4 pack of tall boys from Wellbeing called Intentional IPA that may have been the best I’ve tried. Seems like most of them are based in California.

Re: All the craps discussion. A good craps table is the most fun you can have in the pit. The problem is, you’re way more likely to play on a bad craps table and playing the dark side silently is the most anti-fun thing possible. I’ve been on a handful of good craps runs and there’s not much like it. I only played once this trip and it was bleh.

This is correct.

4 Likes

I think I could eat a corn cookie and a slice of crack pie every day for the rest of my life. The truffle ball things are good too. You can get Milk Bar delivered if you’re ever craving it and not in NYC, DC, LA or Vegas

:heart: face up Pai Gow

4 Likes

Anyone here ever learn to play pai gow tiles? Got decent at it with an iPhone app and always fantasized about impressing the Asians by knowing how to play but never had the guts to do it irl.

Used to play. Lots of fun being the only non Asian at the table.

1 Like

Question. You mentioned mask compliance being very high. Does this mean cigarette smoke was way down?

You weren’t asking me, but that was not my experience.

How the hell do you smoke with a mask?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/jedshearer/status/1270202686386827269?s=19

4 Likes

I went to Park (non smoking), Aria, Comso and Bellagio. Smoking was way way down IMO. I only had one table mate ever smoke, and it was a cigar at Aria BJ. The dealer made him put his mask back on every time he wasn’t actively smoking.

At GVR plenty of folks smoked. They just pull their mask down while smoking. Maybe the strip is different - only had brief stops at Aria and Cosmo and defer to Mr. Wax for that.

The idea that Vegas implemented a mask rule without also getting rid of indoor smoking, even temporarily, is fucking insanity.

You think the wackos were ready to storm the capitol over putting a piece of cloth on their faces…

But yeah, if you aren’t comfortable with randos chinstrapping/smoking/drinking while pounding the slots for hours, you aren’t quite ready for Vegas yet imo. I do agree that at the tables things seemed anecdotally better vis a vis smoking, but small sample size.