Fatboy8 hijacks thread for his Vegas trip.

1 Like

Enjoying your trip report. Good luck the rest of the way. Nice to know Vegas will be ready when I am. Was set to bowl national tourney and gamble my ass off (in my own tight way) but the whole tourney got cancelled in 2020. Rescheduled for this year, but cancelled cause of covid and stuff. But we’re registered for 2022. Let’s hope the next 14 months pass faster than the last 14.

4 Likes

Just realized I haven’t played a hand of poker for money in 9.95 years. Crazy.

Still have dreams about it. Usually I’m either dealt more cards than I should have, or my cards change during the hand. Cool story I know.

17 Likes

Yeah I still congratulate myself for folding A9 to AK on a A9xxK rainbow over ten years ago in a 5 dollar home tourney game. (she did show AK, even in a 5 dollar game, played with her enough she 100% had AK.) But yeah I feel you

1 Like

Just scooped a >$5K pot.

Been in this game nearly 7 hours. Bought in 1K, got down to 700 and tried to squeeze 4 bet vs 2 bad players w 3366ds. Runout was 789TJ. The AKQ2 got us on the river. Reloaded for a dime and got a double a few hours later when we got half our stack in pre with bad Aces. Flop wasn’t great but board paired and we got unstuck.

Went and had Carbone for dinner. The Spicy Rigatoni Vodka is pretty good. Love their Lemon Cheesecake.

Got back and didn’t play any hands that were terribly interesting. Think I had 2200 when this hand took place.

MP (1200) opens 40. CO (covers) flats. We flat with AKQJss on button. Flop is QQ9dd. MP continues 100. CO flats. We click to 375. MP shoves. He hasn’t been at the table long but I’d put him on overpair +Fd/sd and up. CO shoves (!!!???) Played with him all day. He can have a similar hand to us, Q9, or 99. We call. No one will decide on running two boards, so we go once. K turn. 2 River. GG.

17 Likes

Well that’s not enough info

Seems Neeme has been playing the aria game if you want to be poker vlog famous

I ninja edited it just for you

1 Like

I have no idea what he looks or sounds like, but he could have been the CO in that hand. I can’t read the bravo screen. He’s tall AF whoever this is

1 Like

Man, who would get the reference if I mentioned Donnacha’s hand?

Neeme kind of looks like the younger brother of Aaron Rodgers.

I don’t follow vlogs or the online wizards at all. I looked at the bravo screen when I left and it said Michael. +3.2K session. Made up for the 0 VPIP for the first 90 minutes.

2 Likes

I don’t. ELI5

1 Like

Basically no online wizards for PLO. Stars is super soft until 2/5. Every other site is softer.

Some vlogs are OK for short content.

I wish Joey talked more strat. He’s the only person I’ve heard articulate it in a concise way. Although all the talk of backdoor quad draws is fucking cringe.

1 Like

I don’t love Joey, bit too close to a Rogan type. Last time I was in Vegas I missed playing with him at the Wynn.

Yea I don’t listen to much of his content anymore, but when he talks PLO, he knows what he’s talking about. And the Postle investigation was super interesting for a while.

1 Like

Donnacha O’Dea is an Irish PLO player who Stewart Reuben described as “perhaps the best in the British Isles”. He liked to get it in pre with two pair hands and see all five cards.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for suited two pair hands than can make a straight when I’m relatively short. Not something I 4 bet super deep.

1 Like

Trying to decide if I want to go degen some dice and BJ or go get a vape to try and get some sleep. Meanwhile

5 Likes