Fatboy8 hijacks thread for his Vegas trip.

Retweeted forever and ever.

Tourneys are really fucking dumb and can’t be a net positive on the poker economy.

1 Like

They definitely are. They give poorer players a chance at big scores, that’s great for the poker economy!

1 Like

I’ve heard of 5-card, never 6. Both of those sound awful.

They’re better off playing PLO cash. Bad players win all the time.

1 Like

Bad players lose way more in PLO than NL, you know that.

They win way more ime

ETA all the rich fish in OK and TX play PLO. So I’m probably biased.

1 Like

5 or 6 card PLO8 was fairly often called in a few games I used to play in many years ago. Can’t say it’s the most intellectually stimulating format, but it’s an efficient way to get bad players to give you money. The most fun was watching people being confused about losing money while ‘winning’ the hand.

2 Likes

When it’s my button I play 4, just to mix it up a bit as they all usually pick 6 :sweat_smile:

Is it just nuts over 2nd nuts every time?

U must be as unlucky as me :rofl:

Blockers man, always has been

1/2 PLO is a game just full of awful players.

1 Like

I used to play in the most insane 1/2/5 game in the middle of the blackjack pit in El Reno, OK. People smoke 5 feet away from you. Slots going off constantly. $500 cap. We would play from Thursday evening until Sat early morning sometimes. Records I saw in that game were losses of 8K. Cashouts of 15-16K. And a comeback where a guy got stuck 7K and won 6K. With a $500 cap!

I gave back $500 in BJ and $500 in VP. I am mortal after all. Currently at Momofuku then grabbing something sweet at Milk Bar before I get back on the PLO lists.

Momofuku Shiitake Bun & Chickpea Ramen. Both great. Pork belly bun still better but that’s basically cheating.

6 Likes

I forgot how much I love Vegas trip reports.

13 Likes

Live short-handed PLO feels tedious at times, because everyone else plays 90% of hands and I play…a significantly smaller number. I’ve finally figured out that I am better off not loosening up at all preflop when it gets down to 4-5 handed.

Ive just never met a losing player that was better off playing four cards. The more aggressive fish/whales might be on the right side of variance more with deepstacked PLO perhaps? If they’re the more passive type it’s so, so much worse.

Yea all the whales ain’t passive around here. Lol

1 Like

Yeah all the tight players get crushed, the funny thing is I’m very tight at NL but extremely loose at PLO… PLO is just so good.

:muscle:

You can be a winner at live PLO with wild swings in VPIP, you just need to pair that with running well or actually having poker skill.

There’s a good way to play tight and a bad way to play tight in PLO. Most tight players are so afraid of getting outdrawn that they turn their hand face-up by trying to funnel as much money into the pot as they can when they flop the nuts. You have to know how to under-rep your hand sometimes.

2 Likes