Fast food thread

It’s also not cheese.

I’ve had two Mack Ribs so far this week

Both piping hot and perfect

1 Like

Bunch of John Kerry’s ITT

1 Like

In the last 5 years it became like a thing for foodies to love american cheese on burgers and make fun of those who doesnt. I just cant eat it. It feels like rubber

1 Like

wat

yep

I’m pretty sure people have loved cheese on burgers for a long time

Yeah but not American cheese.

Really? I can’t tell what level this post is on. I assume by “american” we’re just saying yellow cheddar?

those processed plastic strips are not cheese, but I’d still take that over nothing on a burger.

totally having in n out animal style with chilis today, I forgot about that one

American “cheese-food” actually melts better than cheddar and other cheeses. Are you not melting the slice(s) before you eat the burger?

I eat the whole thing uncooked. Frozen bun for crunch

5 Likes

I wasnt offering an opinion. It became very trendy for food influencers like kenji, the dude from the burger show and anyone with a youtube audience to push american cheese on burgers and make fun of hating it as pretentious.

Yeah it melts easy.

I only asked because McDonalds doesn’t melt the cheese on their Big Macs.

Wait, is today Friday? :roll_eyes:

Sure, but it’s still terrible compared to real cheese. I must have totally missed the trend where people pretended it was good.

I’d rather have a cheese that actually melts on the burger rather than some gritty, artisanal crap that shouts “sorry this doesn’t taste as good as you hoped.”

I don’t really care what kind of cheese it is but burgers need to have melted cheese on them. Kraft singles are bad but I won’t turn them down, I’m assuming that’s what most fast food burgers use

Actual American cheese, aka bland cheddar, is… eh, it’s there. It’s fine, I guess?

But yeah, that’s not what you usually get at a FF joint. You get “cheese”, and it’s pretty gross.

I only use American cheese on burgers. Not sure why, but it’s gooeyness it’s likely the reason. For me, it’s what a cheeseburger is supposed to taste like.

1 Like

Pepper jack is the elite burger cheese.

Bacon & bleu is also superb.

1 Like

I guess I’m a heathen but I love processed American cheese. Give it to me on a burger every single time.

Also if you haven’t had Mac and cheese with shitty Velveeta, you haven’t lived.

3 Likes