Fall LC thread

The video is nuts, the cops literally use cars in traffic with innocent bystanders in them as shields to unload on the UPS truck with a fucking hostage in it

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1202940884045709314

Property >>>>> people. You can let theives just steal jewellery it doesn’t matter how many people have to die.

1 Like

I know it’s cool and good to blame the police for everything but I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the armed truck hijackers/kidnappers bear some small share of responsibility here.

I mean obviously. None of this would have happened without the bad guys being bad guys. But that’s like saying that if Egypt Air Flight 648 hadn’t been hijacked nobody would have died. Ultimately the authorities are responsible for the negative consequences of how they respond to a situation. Bad stuff happens and it’s their job to handle it.

I’d be a lot less annoyed by the gunbattle over this truck if the only people in the truck were the robbers… but obviously that’s not what happened.

1 Like

The cops didn’t put the bystander in the truck. He was kidnapped by the armed robbers!

I don’t think it’s fair to compare this to a highly orchestrated commando raid on a hijacked airliner. This was just regular cops responding to an armed robbery/kidnapping. There was no time to plan, seems like they were just reacting.

Yes, and the concern is that their first instinct is a fucking massacre.

6 Likes

Don’t most police departments have protocol when it’s a hostage situation instead of going guns blazing on a freeway with tons of innocent bystanders in cars around them?

3 Likes

This stuff just isn’t normal. Sorry you guys have to live over there and everything, but don’t let it cloud your judgement too much.

6 Likes

No idea. If people want to say that cops should be less militarized and not go in guns blazing then sure. But please don’t pretend that these were just peaceful jewel thieves committing a crime against property and they got blasted by police for no reason. They kidnappped someone at gunpoint!

Clearly protecting this PERSON was not the objective of the cops who shot up the truck he was in. DUCY?

2 Likes

That is what I’m saying. I’m not defending the armed robbers who took a man hostage but the response seems ridiculous ifyour goal is to protect the public and try and save the hostage

1 Like

Looking back at the comments in the thread who do you think here has defended the thieves with guns?

Right. I was responding to Tom who was all property>>>people, bad! Like these were peaceful jewel stealing cat burglars instead of people who kidnapped someone at gunpoint.

I like that your complete lack of knowledge of procedure or training allows you to instantly stan for the police in this situation. Stay strong pony boy.

This shit is worse than someone saying someone they have never met and will never meet should cut themselves shaving.

Wait, so getting kidnapped in the US of A means the Cops might just blast you and you’re kidnappers… Because members of the public are at risk.

Is that correct?

NO ONE IS DEFENDING THE THIEVES.

1 Like

But hey if you survive you’ll have a few million in medical costs to take care of so maybe it’s better to be killed.

So you interpreted toms comment as a defense of armed robbers to kidnap people? LOL

1 Like

Yeah… At $40 at time for skin on skin contact you’d not even get hugs from your and yours.