Fall LC thread

I kinda find myself being questionably too verbose with customers often, even though I think they mostly appreciate it, and I attribute it to a need to practice (stay sharp) for future interactions wherein I’ll need to clearly communicate concepts and terminology with other actors in my professional errr

Suppliers, bosses, customers, prospective employers( dat interview setting)etc., etc.

Need an update from Suzzers trainer

1 Like

suzzgoat’s brain has a lot going on at the moment lol

The best contractor I deal with (working on the gf’s place) is also the most loquacious. So much so that he was involved in a serious accident a few years ago that made the local paper, and his talkativeness was actually referenced. Idk if talking correlates with the quality of work, but this guy is worth having to listen to.

1 Like

Super minor nit but you’re using hyphens and should be using em dashes AFAIK (though maybe that’s just how the posts come out on this forum)

2 Likes

lol

commas can be used, too, though all that grammatical stuff is something I never retained in school - or I was absent that day lmao

I just type the dash - we’ll figure the rest out later when we make the book.

My de-facto sister actually works as a freelance book editor - mostly for people who self-publish, which most likely is the route I’ll have to go at first. How lucky is that?

She’s been great so far. I just need to keep plowing ahead and providing her stuff.

1 Like

Still owns the gym I go to.

I did post a while back that he was a pirate for Halloween and decided he likes the eye-liner and nail polish. But he says the great thing about being a guy is he doesn’t have to wear the eye-liner every day. Just when he’s feeling it. Or something.

1 Like

Speaking of not being able to recall important data in a moment of need, who was that famous lounge singer that did a bunch of promotional videos for the NCAA basketball tournament and ESPN prolly 20-years ago now or so?

black hair, looked a bit like bert reynolds

Tom Jones? Fred Travellini? Burt Bacharach? Englebert Humperdink?

1 Like

none of the above

ill find it, it’ll come to me in a minute

Wayne Newton?

Robert Goulet!

3 Likes

robert%20goulet

and those cats, those cats will rock use lol kinda like you, suzzgoat

Had a decorator in whilst we were moving between two appartements in the same building. We were walking down the stairs when he stopped at the top of one flight and said to me, apropos of nothing, “think I could jump that?”

I shrugged as I didn’t know what was going on, he then proceeded to decide that, actually, he could only do it from one step down. He asked if I wanted him to, I shrugged again and he readied himself and then made the leap. It’s about ten steps and he didn’t stick the landing but also didn’t hurt himself in the roll/fall.

It was quite strange and I don’t think we’ll be asking him back, despite having no problems with his work. Stay short of this and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Maybe something like this?

1 Like

Kamchatka and Irkutsk in risk!

those are must-own territories for any risk enthusiast committed to winning

I actually made a Risk joke to a girl at a bar one time. I said we need to annex that table over there like taking over Australia in Risk. She liked it so much I got a date out of it

If I had any inkling I was trying to get anywhere with her I would never have made a joke like that.

Probably she was ovulating* and/or went out determined to meet someone that night. I’ve come to the conclusion that being in the right place at the right time and just not screwing it up is 99% of the game.

*FWIW - I saw some study where they showed men’s faces to women and asked them to rate attractiveness - over several visits. The men who the women had originally seen when ovulating consistently ranked higher in later visits than the men they saw at other points in the cycle. Or something like that.

1 Like