Fall LC thread

How do we know this isn’t coming from their PR department?

2 Likes

2 Likes

14 Likes

Anyone who buys the whale gutter is a fucking idiot.

1 Like

:thinking:

I need a dozen of those multitools for stocking stuffers.

I liked my Samsung tablet. It was stolen.

I love my Galaxy tab s2 but probably too big for just e-reading.

The note said whoever got it should notify a journalist who had been held in that prison. Seems like that journalist was in prison for investigating a pharma company that was manufacturing in China and had high levels of carcinogens in their blood pressure medicine.

I was going to use this song in the walrus! lol

I started to caption this “In case you were looking for another reason not to go to Virginia,” but as you will see, you don’t even have to ever step foot in in the state to get fucked by its shitty defamation laws.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr_Meowwwgi/status/1208731702908112899

1 Like

IIRC Virginia is all blue now. Pass a new law, maybe?

You can just feel the PR flack oozing out of the post

Almost ten years earlier, the Texas legislature had passed a seemingly innocuous piece of legislation. The Texas Freestanding Emergency Medical Care Facility Licensing Act allowed freestanding emergency departments, or FSEDs, to open across the state. These facilities are emergency rooms without an attached hospital, and often without the high level of care that a hospital can provide. Lobbyists who pushed for FSEDs argued that the facilities could provide stopgap care for the huge numbers of Texans who lack adequate emergency care.

This law provided an opening for profit-maximizing private equity firms and other financiers to nurture and exploit a new business model. FSEDs are out-of-network for nearly all patients across Texas, something the businesses purposely obscured. The care the FSEDs provide is limited and sometimes substandard, while costing untold thousands of dollars. A fragmented, complex health care system has created space for scam operations and businesses that serve mainly to maximize their profits, even if that means deceiving patients.

FSEDs aren’t solely responsible for the high out-of-network charges that plague the medical system. Surprise billing, or when providers bill patients for out-of-network care received at an in-network facility, is relatively common. This month, private equity–owned physician groups, doctors, hospitals, and air ambulance lobbyists killed bipartisan legislation to prohibit surprise billing. Within this milieu of taking advantage of vulnerable patients, FSEDs are just one of many.

The business strategy of these firms has warped the provision of emergency care. Despite initial promises to legislators, FSEDs in Texas have rarely located in rural areas, preferring instead affluent suburbs. According to a Texas-based government affairs professional who agreed to talk to me on the condition of anonymity, the FSEDs had a specific target: insured suburbanites who were financially capable of paying medical bills, while being too financially unstable to risk their credit scores fighting them.

Kind of cool we’ve opened up a whole business model whose job is to give you sh*tty overpriced service so that private equity can make more profits

New thread…