Fall LC thread

Evoken’s right about the corruption that leads to students who are clearly unqualified studying overseas. I teach at the opposite end of that on a seasonal basis. Cheating is endemic and largely ignored by all parties because the students’ parents pay a ridiculous amount of tuition which effectively turns supposed prestigious universities into degree mills for that sweet Chinese money.

Of course the rest of the racism that I see there can fuck off.

I was going to post ct image but only in spoiler tags just not sure how to spoil here. But the image is early in story and very disconcerting.

1 Like

He’s always claimed to be Jewish (with him I’m afraid every statement has to be called a claim).

https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/1185570778349101058?s=19

Hey man fuck you

Thanks, fair enough. I figured if a majority of the site didn’t want him reigned in, that a large chunk of those would vote against me if someone started a poll (which hasn’t happened and maybe won’t now), and thus I’d have a hard time hitting the two-thirds (or whatever number was decided) majority I needed. But I honestly don’t care whether I’m a mod or not, I’m willing to do it to help out and pitch in, but it’s far from my favorite thing to do. I just won’t ignore my principles if I’m doing it.

Thanks Smacc, appreciate it.

Yeah I don’t want to permaban people, and I hope NotBruceZ will tone it down a bit and we can all move along happily. He does contribute a lot of value to the community when he’s not posting the type of rhetoric that I think is uncalled for, so it would be a shame to have this be an ongoing problem.

Makes sense - but don’t trust the system too much ;).

10% as well. Sorry, couldn’t resist! :rofl::rofl:

That’s about the size of it, yeah. If the community standards are too low IMO on what is allowed, I just won’t be the one enforcing them. I’m willing to take a stand on this because I think it’s really important and the community entrusted me with the power to make this decision (for now) and can easily remove me from having that power if it wants to… So I think it’s perfectly fine to take a stand and see what happens.

I’m not trying to be a drama queen with the “Vote to demod me then” stuff, I just won’t be a mod if I have to look the other way on rhetoric that I think is wrong and can actually be dangerous.

Candy corn is disgusting. I’ll take a stand on that one too.

4 Likes

I feel like this kind of defeats the purpose of the entire process, and I’m now dreading a future in which cocktails in bars come out of machines like that. Cocktails should not be made like a cup of coffee. (I’m sure there were plenty of people saying coffee shouldn’t be made in drip machines the way most people now make it too, though.)

I actually just got a cocktail set, and used it for the first time last night - it was a success. I need to improve the liquor selection at the Redacted for privacy. residence, but so far so good. Right now I’m only stocked up to drink scotch, make a whisky sour or a rattlesnake (basically an egg white whisky sour with absinthe), or an old fashioned.

I was on your side until this. Getting ahead of a keed proclamation has given me some unexpected free time today. Good chance I start a poll for your ousting and make it clear this slander against delicious candy corn is not what this community deserves in a mod.

2 Likes

If you want this to be a place that condones candy corn, just demod me now. Gross.

You should demod yourself. This has already gone too far.

I need one of those T shirts.

They’re free with every candy corn tattoo. Just post your pic of your tattoo for verification.

3 Likes

Candy corn might appeal to more people if it looked more like corn and less like a diseased tooth.

1 Like

lol nobody actually eats candy corn

I made you one custom. My business partner agrees that you don’t need a tattoo. We will let you wear this for free.

Edit: this joke is worthless if @simplicitus doesn’t see it

5 Likes

That’s a fair representation. I have more than a passing similarity to candy corn in terms of outlook and disposition. Not quite as sweet, however.

1 Like

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1185230018038980609

1 Like

I’ve been making a lot of manhattans lately - just make sure you get nice vermouth. Carpano Antica is A+

1 Like

Old fashioned is better than a manhattan imo

2 Likes