English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Basically they had a Bellicheck/Pop like manager who did everything for them and after ~30 years they retired. They need organizational structure and like 12 people to replace him, but instead keep trying quick fix bandaids who then get fired after ~2 years because the structure isn’t there.

1 Like

Doesn’t help when your goalie sucks too

yes and I’ll add that when united was superdominant there was kind of a bayern / PSG / NY Yankees pre-free agency presalary cap situation going on where (I think?) united could spend more than everyone else in the prem and were the sexiest destination by far. But then the rest of the prem got rich too (tv money, oil money, positive feedback loop) and also united has been on a long run of catastrophic purchases that today seems to have culminated in peak lol let’s gooo 9 nil or bust :rocket:

This feels like that 8-2 game with arsenal. I need more

1 Like

At least that arsenal game had like 4 players making their debuts, bunch of kids with some of the vets.

This is a United squad where half the players are on 250k+ a week.

for UK folks: how strong a word is “bloody”? I know in the ~18th century it was really really bad like USA c-word bad, and I know it’s obviously not a serious swear word now. But would it be weird if a nine-year-old said it? Do they say it in parliament? Is there an american equivalent? shitty seems stronger, frickin seems dumber, idk bloody seems kinda cool to say (I know it’s a minced oath with religious roots like gosh or egad or zounds or crikey)

woof that first half was fun, ok I’m moving on with the weekend, Aofrantic congrats on the six-pack parlay, rest up from the covid, and get better bloody cards

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ityslfooty/status/1558520103360204801?t=89_LgfEVX2P6adXnuU6Hkg&s=19

2 Likes

1 Like

Nothing I would love more than an overrated former Ajax coach relegating with Man U this year.

I don’t even loathe united and let’s be serious they are not going down but if they WERE to go down it would all by itself make the next ten months the jolliest weekly sporting event of our lifetimes; the unifying effect it would have on the fans of the other 19 teams would be like if klingons attacked planet earth instantly causing israelis and palestinians and dogs and cats and gifs and jifs to put aside their differences and have group sex while singing Imagine. There are maximum five ways the western world dodges a meltdown in the 2020s and united’s getting relegated feels like the key plot point in four of them

5 Likes

NF v WHU is a banger so far

1 Like

I don’t really bet sports and especially not the prem because I don’t have any edge worth talking about but I’ll usually put a little on futures especially on relegation trebles because it’s fun and makes me more interested in more teams. This year one of my relegation bet principles was that forest are staying up, yes because of robin hood my point is west ham you suck

1 Like

i’ve officially drunk too much koolaid and believe tottenham can crush chelsea today.

1 Like

:vince3:

1 Like

it’s early and points are points but yeah given everything that’s happened in the past year this feels like a potential tonesetter, chelsea have clobbered spurs for so long and there was nothing worse than the three times in two weeks last season where honestly it felt like spurs were lucky to get zero points. If Spurs win today then the whole out with the old in with the conte narrative is going to start really chain reacting, lol narratives I know, but the truth is that ever since battle of the bridge I have more grr towards chelsea than anyone else. And that hasn’t been a lot of fun! in our last eleven matches chelsea have won eight and drawn three i.e. they’ve taken 27 of possible 33 points while keeping eight clean sheets and outscoring spurs 18 to 3! so in the last three years koolaid is all we’ve got, hope today’s different, I feel different, let’s go

lol me obviously

god that reminded me of that goal gary cahill scored ten years ago on us, what can you do. I feel ok tbh, spurs are gonna be dialed in for 90 minutes, they’re getting a goal back at some point imo

cucurella clearly going to be a pain in the ass for the next million years, that feels like great business by chelsea

My main thing with Spurs right now is watching them and being “You’re telling me the team that will finish 3rd or 4th is starting Emerson and sessegnon every week?” Just noticeably weaker than anyone arsenal or chelsea start imo and I’m not high on this Chelsea squad.