English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

ronaldo hit a hat trick against totenham BECAUSE tom brady was in the audience

2 Likes

ronaldo2

It’s MLASS time, bros. the anti-premiership from across the pond does its games on Saturday, too.

1 Like

Fuck arsenal yo

2 Likes

Chris Richards never would have given up that shit own goal

Also as a massive Matt Turner Stan fuck Ramsdale. Got very lucky today.

I get that you have to be a USMNT fan, but adding Spurs to the mix is just relentless hopelessness.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DayssinceArse/status/1555428145456635905?s=20&t=Lumxeqojup6HXo01AD3izQ

also:

https://twitter.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1555657878073131015?s=20&t=Lumxeqojup6HXo01AD3izQ

You know Arsenal have won 2 trophies in that time, right? Finishing 4th to 6th and not being competitive while Arsenal were in the worst form in 100 years but still actually won things isn’t something to brag about.

Spurs have gone deep in debt to finance their golden generation and will have absolutely nothing to show for it. One miracle CL run where they didn’t even win and haven’t won a tie since.

Arsenal only slightly winning the xG in a place where both Spurs and Arsenal got battered last year isn’t a dig either? Palace are quite good! Above United last year in expected points!

LOL at this Arsenal vs Spurs cripple fight. Sorry bros, they’re both kind of shit.

2 Likes

Arsenal have been really shit for about 5 years, but they’re probably a top 4 team this year and top 10 in Europe. Saliba is the best young CB in Europe and their wingers are two of the ~10 best u21 players in Europe.

Clear ascendancy for the first time since ~2008. Their is a path to them maybe winning things vs Spurs just trying to milk a few 4th place finishes from the late prime years of Son/Kane.

What were they?

The FA Cup? Beating Chelsea the last two times in the final. Beat Spurs en route to the one before that.

lol fa cupaments

Also man, I really don’t see it with arsenal. You were all about them doing it last year too, and it didn’t pan out at all.

I mean, I was about them “doing it” in that they would finish 4th. They were two points off. I didn’t think their two over 30 year old strikers would both turn into Pumpkins at the time of those posts, nor would Spurs axe their brand new manager despite plating bottom half football and getting bottom half results. The difference between them “doing it” and not is Spurs scoring the latest two goals that actually mattered in PL history or the diabolical reffing in arsenal v city. With three games left in the season arsenal and Spurs were within .5 of each other in xG, xGA and xPts. Two even teams, one lost both their starting full backs and best midfielder. Partey stays healthy, Son goes down instead and it gets flipped.

They’ve now added 4 more starters and their season will basically hinge on Saliba/Martinelli. Those dudes could be world class this year, or it could be a lot to ask for from 21/20 year olds. Saliba might even start for France this world cup, Martinelli might be first off the bench for Brazil. Even if he scores 15 this year he won’t displace Vinicius.

It’s the beautiful game, mongos. Some attractive futbol in spells from both teams. Palace trying too often to build out of the back. Route 1 direct from Andersen goat several times was brilliant

Saw a few analytics people putting Palace 6th or 7th. I’m not quite there but they’re a solid team.

Why did all the posters from USA on 2p2 support Spurs?

They got a few US players back ~15 years ago and thus got more coverage basically.