English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

So, you actually think I meant that a full strength Arsenal team is better than a full strength Pool team, that had just got 98 points in the PL, won the CL then won the PL? Really? Despite fully saying “since xmas” and specifying the exact metrics I was talking about in that time frame?

Part of discourse around sports is form. Nikola Jokic will be the MVP in the NBA this year, that doesn’t mean he’s better than Lebron. Lewandowski would have won the Ballon d’or if they had it last year, that doesn’t mean he is better than Messi. This shouldn’t be a tough thing to understand.

1 Like

Marty, you’re just bad at reading. I have also said for the first 3 months of the season, Arsenal were deservedly close to the relegation heap. Referenced that they averaged 7 shots per match, and went nearly a calendar year without having a match where they had 13 shots. There are as many posts pointing out this run of form as the latter. You conveniently leave this contrast out.

Leicester are bad this year comparedto last year and their point total. If you take out their penalties won, they wouldn’t even be a top half team.

I think this current Liverpool run is up there with the most impressive in PL history. They are right up there with the Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez united team and the invincibles. Now, please don’t say something really dumb like “ao thinks this arsenal team are as good as the invincibles.”

:v:

NP… We used to call Celtic The Tic and I thought pool was just the same wierd slang. :grin:

Once Mbappe or Haarland goes to Man City I think there going on a unprecedented run too, maybe 1 or 2 more additional players but I think their on the cards to blow most away in the coming years if they sign either.

It’s on the cards as long as Pep is there. I really don’t like his football at times. We remember how great that Barca team was, but his Bayern teams and most of the City iterations have been pretty boring for how good they are.

I can’t watch a full match when city play, even the PSG game sadly, as I switched over to the snooker mostly.

I don’t know what it is, LFC, Arsenal and even Spurs I’d watch all the way through, but City just seemed so boring as the opposition were always just defending.

Edit: ffs I even watch Man Utd and there rotten atm.

Edit:2 OK not rotten but boring :grin:

Well Atleast they can’t keep Kennedy now :grin::grin::grin:

Only 4 players I’d keep, Soro, Turnbull, Macgreagor & Jamsey

Mourinho to roma lol. Not really at all surprising in hindsight.

More worried about where Fonseca might be going.

Mourinho voice

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoContextEubank/status/1178347232346673152

https://twitter.com/cityreport_/status/1389535527641157634

Have to go for a PSG win tonight & post it early so all you gambling have an idea of who not to back.

Mbappe for a hattrick.

What, even a clocks right twice a year :grin:

1 Like

Discusting :flushed:

PSG have had there chances too lol… It could be 2 each already :grin:

their*

:ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s been a good game so far mind you, I’ve enjoyed both matches, makes a difference 2 when theres something to play for :wave::wave::wave::wave:

2-0 :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Some talk today if the fans would be OK with a sponsor renaming Celtic Park… Tbh I think it’s a good move as it brings in much needed funds & for years I’ve called it Parkhead/Celtic Park & Paradise and they names will never be forgotten whatever names above the stands. :grinning:

No, not heard that one tbh.

Yeah… I remember them now that I see it…

They mostly sold the Transit Vans and other commercial vehicles as I remember them here and I don’t remember that shirt tbh alough I think maybe I remember Murdo MaCleod with it on.