English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

That’s a bit unfair, Ajax produced some excellent players through their own academy recently, and players like Blind and Tadic who’ve come over from PL function much better at Ajax than they ever did in PL. Having said that, it doesn’t surprise me either ManU is favorite, PL is of course a much stronger league than Eredivisie will ever be.

I’m excited that Ajax is improving to solid European subtop though. After the successes in the nineties for years Ajax in Europe was just a lesson in frustration, but over the past three years they’ve made at least quarter final three times in CL/EL.

Just seen the highlights :scream: how did Kane not score, geez.

I mean Zagreb deserved the win, I suppose its even sweeter when you see Spuds miss that amount of chances. :joy:

1 Like

Draw for the CL looks amazingly good for Chelsea :grimacing: and really bad for City.

City V Dortmund
Bayern V PSG

Porto V Chelsea
Liverpool V Madrid

Tasty :grinning:

Yeah. Bayern vs PSG is far too good for a QF.

1 Like

One is probably guilty af of racism; the other is probably guilty af of violence.

Id say it was the best way to deal with it, but that’s just me being Scottish.

I’d give Kamara a pass here and hope UEFA just deal with in with a ban/red card incident instead of violent conduct scenario that could lead to a 5 match ban which I don’t think he deserves tbh.

There’s things that deserve retaliation and that’s one of them in my book, I’d have punched him before the match ended and walked off myself

I knew I’d have to come back in and defend my statement.

Once the slavia Prague Captain decides to take that line off attack its no longer a sporting event imo, war has been declared.

I seen the incident live & have no doubts about what was allegedly said, he racially abused Kamara, you could see the build up, the tension and then the move, as I said its not surprising coming from a Eastern European team.

I can’t defend Rangers football club for past incidents like you’ve mentioned & the fact that there’s a majority of their fans who will & have used absolutely anything to gain an advantage including racism, they even named one of there players Marky the *****.

The club itself may just make some of them realise by pursuing this case that maybe win at all costs just ain’t worth it, or maybe some of them realise racism is not the way, I highly doubt that though as “anyone over 7 years of age here has already been indoctrinated.” A quote by Morris Ross today, ex rangers player.

Unfortunately we all know that TheRangers won’t change their ways of Old anytime soon, even with these incidents, but there’s a chance, slim yes but a chance.

And that’s what sucks about being a lefty, at times we need to hope they can see the light and conduct change for the future. Sad I know.

Agree here, even the football show bypassed this, it’s sickening & no mention of the incident in the tunnel.

Kamara should plead loss of mental capacity in those 2 mins :grinning: as that’s my focus… I do t have an opinion on them tbh, fuck them, but Kamara did not deserve that.

Hopefully the UEFA observers hold Gerrard and the club in disrepute for the dressing room incident and Kamara throws them under the bus with his plea. :grimacing:

The more black footballers react in this way the more it dies down imo, just hook the ■■■■■

:grin:

No, the media would have the excuse they want to portray black people as the usual stereotype.

Now if half the Rangers team jumped in and punched his lights out that’s a different matter.

Was about to say this, the player who’s been abused goes to move towards the offender as his teams mates shout we got this while moving In to pound the fucker.

Yup… You’re correct, I don’t even know why I’m arguing here or debating it, I’m wrong to say to use violence, but I would have.

Infact I’ve done it, sorry not sorry, but bullies did not get away with it when we were around.

I told my young cousin to just hook amoruso too, but he shat it, his dad agreed. :joy:

Of even if slippy Steve did though he seems to think refusing to play Phil fucking Collins is a greater offence.

1 Like

Delete that, its not appropriate :+1:

I was watching a few vids there about the tackles in the game, started on an old Leeds vid for some stoned reason, and ended watching a few from all over, mostly south America and European… Seen 1 that stood out as just that, as Roy Keane said it is the way. :sweat_smile: “It happens”.

Gross.

Fines are never punitive enough. Points deductions and bans are all clubs care about, and it’s too late to dock points, so ban them imo.

Nothing to do with giving us a free bye into the semis, of course.

Just heard about that, not seen it & would rather not, hopefully they are banned from the next round, can’t see it but you never know.

Let them fight

Dundee United took a stance today with Kamara and made a statement, poorly advised imo and if a gesture was what they wanted they could still have taken the Knee.

It’s making me think that at the game tomorrow they might do the same and then you can see the headlines tomorrow regardless of the match result.

:thinking:

100%

Yip

I’m off to my dad’s to watch it, might as well as it will calm me down after the 1st few tackles fly in, its like watching football from the 90’s with them, scary, this roofe character, 8 stitches man. :flushed: