English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Man U Fullham today:

He wants out in January so just went full scorched earth. There is a reason the interview came out right after the last PL game before the world cup and there are only 2 games before the January transfer window.

Individually all our back 4 were OK but this penis system Jesse plays is so easily exploited not just by decent teams but by all. Is that a failed system or just the players arenā€™t good enough? We arenā€™t improving our player pool any time soon so Iā€™m legit worried.

Also yeah VAR is great but the implementation and the decisions are baffling. The big 6 bias is real as far as Iā€™m concerned.

I mean why the fuck doesnā€™t he just lower salary expectations? There are definitely non elite teams that will take him and play if his goal is to be on the field.

I have Leeds going down. The goal differential isnā€™t that bad right now but they just look like a Championship level team with the goals they give up.

They want to play for a CL team. They think theyā€™re still a top 5 player in Europe when they arenā€™t top 100.

Canā€™t he play for a CL team in Europe like Porto if he lowers his salary demands?

In Portugal he would only play for sporting, his boyhood club.

Heā€™d have to lower it by like 90% to play in Portugal.

I mean in 21/22 season he was scoring at 0.66 Goals Per 90ā€™

Not sure how much he has fallen off this year versus drama of not playing regularly as I honestly havenā€™t been paying much attention but that seems productive enough to start for a wide range of non elite champions league teams.

Basically his passing has fallen off a cliff and he canā€™t press.

So he canā€™t do anything besides be a poacher.

PL is too intense to.carry a passenger who doesnā€™t do off ball work.

Like it maybe could.work in Italy but juve got rid of him bc of wages already, the Milan teams arenā€™t picking him up.

Teams like Brighton would honestly rather play Welbeck. Much worse at scoring but works his ass off.

Teams like Brighton would honestly rather play Welbeck. Much worse at scoring but works his ass off.

It just seems debatable to me that they are more +EV doing so. Goals matter a bunch. But I havenā€™t examined the advanced statistics if they even exist.

A good illustration here is Brighton vs Chelsea.

Chelsea obviously have better players. Aubameyang is a more renowned striker than Welbeck.

The stats arenā€™t close

In other news:

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12769929

Tottenham plays some bangers I guess

Legit insane there are already EPL games

1 Like

https://twitter.com/xGPhilosophy/status/1607410570042433540?s=20&t=Gt0CTvo2lEqX1pXc_qKmCg

2 Likes

Tim Reamā€™s first premier league goal at 35. Was playing college soccer when I was lol

https://twitter.com/rogbennett/status/1607415724229726210?s=20&t=Gt0CTvo2lEqX1pXc_qKmCg

1 Like

Spurs will be in tough for 4th.

Arsenal bid Ā£55m for Mudryk, would be delighted with him. Looks like the new Bale. Was the fastest UCL player this year.

Get that over the line and you still have a chance at the title.

pulisic should have just earned a pk. Should just flop next time instead of playing through an obvious hold