English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

Let us taunt him!

1 Like

Fabinho is in the training cone phase of his career, against a counter the dude seems washed. Couldn’t tell what happened (no replays) with Robertson vs USA on the sideline but after his foul (which was nbd) it looked like Robbo kicked the ball into Aaronson and that’s what set Adams off? Robbo is in the Romero category of guys I’d love on my team, but on pool? he fills my mind with darkness. I don’t like liverpool never have never will but have always enjoyed Firminho, he gives me happy chaos gilbert gottfried vibes

2 Likes

scenes and limbs!!! Tbh I still like pool to make t4 but oh how sweet would it be to be wrong

everyone but city are flawed

I think Pool are mostly just running bad, losing Diaz and Jota hurts a ton. But the energy just isn’t there and betting on Fabinho, Salah, Henderson, Thiago etc to just get their form back on the wrong side of 30 is rough.

Spurs are so rough to watch. I just think that style has a ceiling of 4th with the talent in the league now.

Arsenal are still good, only real issue has been a total of one good performance from their bench attackers. ESR not playing yet this year has basically turned them into the issue Spurs had last year for attacking depth.

Haven’t watched too many of his minutes, but not impressed with Darwin dude

He’s not terrible at scoring or getting shots off, but just makes bad decisions/never passes the ball.

The kind of guy you just hate to have on your team when things aren’t going well

1 Like

He made laughably bad decisions when he came on against City.

Leeds games are pure chaos. They desperately need to invest in some center backs in January if they want to stay up.

1 Like

Center backs aren’t the problem, left back is what we need then Pascal slots into the center with Koch and we are a lot more solid. We have problems tho and Jesse ain’t going to solve them.

Whenever, I watch Leeds it seems like Koch/Lorente are doing something goofy.

It’s mainly Llorente which is why he has been dropped the last few games. Koch and Pascal are the best combo but the sexy pirate has had left back duty due to Firpo being absolute shit and no other left backs older than 14 at the club

From my one quarter season of watching leads, the defense is definitely the problem. I don’t know if it is because the CBs aren’t great, the shape is poor, or the press leaves them exposed (probably all 3 - or because sometimes the striker decides to crossfield switch it backwards to the wrong team). But something needs to change back there. That being said I think Leeds are actually doing OK on xG for the year, lots of bad luck.

Maybe should have taken the bad line in hindsight

Dear god Chelsea is in rough shape. So much money on so much overpriced garbage. Cucurella, Lukaku, Ziyech, Werner, Sterling, it just doesn’t fucking end. Havertz & Mount have gone to shit this season. The midfield is old and slow as balls without Kante keeping them in shape. Azp is also ancient and can’t keep up anymore, and their actual 2 good FBs are dead. Not giving Pulisic or Gallagher passes, they haven’t seen the field enough to even register as being impactful at all on their current state or future. Silva is the only thing remotely positive for them, and he might as well been alive during the time of the Pharoahs. I think Graham Potter is going to be great, but this roster construction and spending by Boehly/Abram/Tuchel in the past 3 years is hot, hot, hot garbage. Save your money for the Bellinghams of the world that are going to be around for a decade, don’t spend it on Lukaku, Sterling and Cucu, dumbasses

I basically said all of this early August when Arsenal best them 4-0 in preseason a week before the season.

Every issue you’ve seen in the past two losses was there in that match and it was a match where James, Kante and Koulibaly all played. Even when those players have been healthy, the performances haven’t been there.

Potter should have brought on Pulisic/Kovavic/Broja a hell of a lot sooner once it became obvious how much they were struggling to bring the ball up field. Auba should not be the starter in games where you aren’t going to dominate possession. He is slow and shit on the break. They were playing for a draw from the moment the game started.

I’m surprised Cucurella hasn’t worked out better so far; my chelsea buddies have been down on him for a while (especially at 60m), but whenever I’ve watched chelsea (not tons) I’ve sorta thought it still could work out for him down the road. I might be biased because I thought he (and Reece James) were terrific vs spurs a couple months ago, but iirc in that game he was overlapping tons and generally playing in more of a wingback / MF role similar to his role at brighton? Playing as a LCB in a three while your wingbacks are sterling and um pulisic seems like a different role, but I get these guys have to be versatile. Agree with your post about overall state of chelsea. And lots of spurs fans want Ziyech but I do not

1 Like

I think Cuccarella was fine even today, but the midfield still just does…nothing?

Today was actually better than I’ve seen of Chelsea of late because they at least stopped arsenal from playing down the middle for the most part, but as others said…they at no point progressed the ball themselves.

Chelsea are 12th or worse in:

Expected goal difference
Shots per match
Goals scored
Expected points

They won’t finish top 6 without at least two signings.

I think they should just take the result this year and stop panic signing. It hasn’t worked out, and I don’t see how it will, unless Potter’s scouting network hits more homeruns.

I know Europe is infinite money and missing is a massive org failure for them so probably won’t do that, esp since it’s Boehly’s first year

I still haven’t figured out what Lotus Cheek does or why he is always playing now. He doesn’t seem like he should be in this league.