English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

The Henry video I posted also made me angry again he didn’t win the Ballon D’or that year. Could take him losing to someone like Ronaldinho, but it was Nedved.

Arsenal win the league unbeaten
Henry has 24g/21a in the league. Only Messi has ever also got 20g/20a in a season, only managing it once. That assist total is still the highest in PL history, although De Bruyne has equaled it.

Absolutely robbed.

Six hours to HJK - Betis game. Socks full of torches to the arena eeyoo. I have tickets to all 3 home games, Roma & Mou giving the best trolling possibilities ofc.

USA #1 owners lol

1 Like

Just watch city - spurs

1 Like

The team that got crushed by the third best team in Portugal?

“Crushed”

Dude it was 0-0 the entire game

Enjoy that sweet Europa league tie later :)

Got postponed, no midweek action for Arsenal this week.

“It was tied for most of the game” when Sporting would get relegated in the PL isn’t a great excuse. They’re well worse than Fulham/Forest.

1 Like

See you in the EL soon :)

You’re telling me teams lose to worse/less expensive teams than them sometimes? No way.

1 Like

Tottenham just can’t compete with Arsenal when it comes to avoiding defeat in the Champions League

3 Likes

That’s fine for average teams, but there was so much momentum behind Spurs as a championship contending team.

They do not have the ability to assert themselves in games in terms of shots nor territory, are miles behind City and their championship equity is down to plane crashes.

Haalaad’s goal was one of the best I have ever seen.

1 Like

I think my favorite two (non arsenal title winning) goals of the last ~decade are both headers.

RVP vs Spain

Suarez vs (?? Bullet header from outside the area top corner)

Just never seen either kind of goal ever before.

1 Like

Tottenham was 14-1 preseason and still are 14-1 on a quick look up of a few places now.

Tottenham is not as good as city, who are likely the best club in the world by some distance. Sick burn.

Never stop being a slappy.

Van Persie yep. Goal of that world cup imo, not James Rodriguez

I thought someone had edited this one as a joke when I first saw it in a gif

1 Like

While those were the odds, it didn’t stop a significant amount of Spurs fans and media members saying they could win the title.

I also really like Raphinha as a player, wish Arsenal could have signed him but it was funny watching him vs Bayern. Just up against Davies and one of the best wingers in the world just gets to play vs a LB that is bigger, stronger, faster then they are and also better at dribbling/passing.

found the suarez goal

Wow so some number of unnamed people expressed some optimism before a season, therefore the bar is city. lol come on dude

Did you actually miss how many segments British/American media ran on how Spurs were title contenders?

It wasn’t far off the Brooklynn/Lakers hype of the NBA last season, just slightly longer odds. Just because all 3 teams ended up being way worse on the field than plenty of people said doesn’t mean we should pretend the hype never happened.