English Premier League & Other Club Football Thread

:vince3:

1 Like

heyo I’ll take a friendly amount of that spurs/arsenal action: final table position for any amount up to ~$350, and if you’re interested I’d also book a double-or-nothing right now on same deal for 2023/24 final table (but not on 24/25 if that gives any insight to where my head’s at). QTB and audere est facere et cetera homines tormentorum globos meos lambe ad infinitum et ultra

1 Like

I get that chelsea has looked bad for a month and the mood has curdled, but idk firing Tuchel right after the window seems rash! If he had legit lost the locker room then makes more sense. As a committed Chelsea hater I’m not sure who I’m supposed to root for as a replacement. Would love Rodgers or Lampard and would be absolutely giddy at TSO. Wouldn’t want it to be Zizou but that’s hard to imagine, PSG or French national team make too much sense. I obv :heart: Poch but unlike many spurs fans I wouldn’t be thrilled about Poch coming back to spurs anytime in the next fifteen years, to me that arc feels played out. Don’t get me wrong it would still suck to see Poch at Chelsea, to the point where I can’t see him pulling the trigger, but if he’s choosing between Chelsea or like Leicester then sure. Potter would be a solid hire for Chelsea, hope it doesn’t happen because he’s likeable and because Brighton seem to really suit him. TLDR please be Mourinho

Preseason usually doesn’t matter but last 2 years arse played Chelsea the week before the season.

Both times each team was full strength, last year it was a hard fought game Chelsea won 3-2 I think. Maybe 2-1, but a close game. This year arsenal won 4-0. Watched the match and it could have been 6. Thought that wasn’t great! They’ve just played like that since.

And this is what I was talking about with Liverpool. They’re lucky not to be down 4 in the first 30 vs Napoli.

So the premier league is 1 Haaland injury away from having zero teams advance beyond the group stage.

Spurs gonna win every game though ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

40% possession at home vs Marseille is embarrassing

Totties

Scoreboard

1 Like

You know what else is embarrassing?

Europa league

1 Like

The 11 vs 10 players bit?

The bit where it was a cgso?

The sortbypossesion shit is fucking stupid, and you know better. Marseille put up a total of 0.2 xg. Tottenham is playing a counterattacking style, and very much has the squad for it

yeah in the first half spurs were getting beat to every ball and their passing was terrible but marseille were leaving space all over the place and every time tottenham strung three passes together they were straight through; I went into HT feeling more or less fine

Having to do that vs bad teams at home isn’t good!

Plenty of people talked up Spurs as title contenders, they can’t impose themselves vs midtable teams.

The difference between them and City where bad teams get in City’s half twice is very stark.

No problem with Arsenal in the EL. They’d have the same near 0% CL equity as Spurs. Favorite to win the EL. Strengthen midfield next year and they can have a puncher chance.

Arsenal are favorites to win the Europa a lot

Lol no. City is probably UCL faves with Julian Alvarez replacing Haaland. Not sure you guys appreciate how good they are. They scored 99 goals last season without a striker. And added the terminator and another very good CF.

1 Like

Lost to the winners 3x.

Year Atletico wins wr absolutely should have won. In the semis absolutely battered them at the Emirates. Had like 25 shots, over 3 xG then in the 89th minute Griezzman steals one off Koscielny, scores and it’s 1-1.

Chelsea final we were soundly beaten but I still blame a lot on UEFA. Finding out 3 days before the game one of our most in form starters can’t travel to the game because their safety can’t be guaranteed is absolute bullshit. Knew we had no chance after that with that circus.

Villareal was a bad loss.

The earnest response to the obvious shade is endearing.

Arsenal had an absolutely shambolic knockout record in Europe in the 2010s. I’d assume maybe only City would be in the conversation for worse losses.