Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become trillionaires

to me, it’s one thing to have a great idea. it’s another for a great idea to happen. getting there, like anything else, means finding the right people. there’s something to be said about turning ideas to reality, even if you didn’t actually do the work yourself, it’s clearly a skill.

i’m out of my depth (i usually am here) and couldn’t tell you which dreams were even achieved by spacex (the rockets landing and being reusable i guess?), but elon was the guy whose vision has become reality. so he has to get credit, as much as we’d rather just kick him in the nuts.

if success is happening in spite of him, why hasn’t anyone else reproduced the successes and improved upon them?

serious question. bc the less needed elon musk is, the better.

First time Ive seen this. A community note on an ad.

https://twitter.com/ThisStoryStore/status/1689606679812349952

1 Like

I would be surprised if it was a violation.

Yeah if that’s a twitter violation there would be no twitter that’s like nicer than 95% of comments

Now they want the Jews to move to Poland? Will the Nazis please make up their mind about this?

3 Likes

Because he has a lot of talented people working for him and not everyone has the cash required to just start their own company?

I’m not saying 100% saying that Elon is -EV to the process; I’m just saying I need evidence beyond: guy owns company → company does well → guy is a genius

2 Likes

oh, I’m not sure he’s +EV either, but nobody else has done it and that’s where we’re at :man_shrugging:t3:

I recently went on a spree of reporting maybe two dozen tweets for anti semitism in a thread. Most were rejected within 24 hours, but I was notified of 3-4 bans weeks later.

1 Like

Maybe I’m a cynic but I always assumed that reporting did nothing except alert the algorithm to what pushed my buttons so it could feed me more engagement fuel.

You’re a cynic.

1 Like

You can have free speech at the price of your head.

They used to be less absolutist

In August 2022, a Saudi appeals court dramatically increased the prison sentence of a Saudi doctoral student, Salma al Shehab from 6 to 34 years, based solely on her activity on the X platform. The sentence was later reduced on appeal to 27 years. That same day, a court sentenced another woman, Nourah bin Saeed al-Qahtani, to 45 years in prison for “using the internet to tear the [country’s] social fabric.”

4 Likes

Hopefully CNBC will have Elno on this afternoon to talk about definitely something besides this.

They have a relatively small stake and he had previously said he didn’t want their money after the bonesaw thing. The richest man ever could buy them out, but he won’t.

1 Like
1 Like

Paywalled but I found an older story about “Project 42”

I guess even his $56,000,000,000 bonus wasn’t enough for him to afford a house on his own.

1 Like

“L’enterprise, c’est moi.” - Elon Musk

4 Likes

Of course 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everthing, including why 4/20 is a funny date to launch a rocket, but people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw chunks of concrete.

1 Like

2.718?