Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become trillionaires

The last straggling few boomers to come online.

If you can filter Facebook to just give you your friends’ kids’ Halloween outfits, it’s not a bad place.

Also extremely small businesses or clubs that have no budget for a website will still make a Facebook page. In my small rural town every tiny business and food truck has a Facebook page.

Looks like Twitter has started posting random tweets by people I don’t follow in my notifications. Awesome.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1718820495439888587

1 Like

In a tweet I clicked on today, the top ranked reply was advertising a FREE MONEY crypto MEV bot which basically involves publishing a contract on the blockchain with a publicly accessible “take all my money” button.

Can’t wait for Musk to be a true leader and give X control of his ~411,000,000 shares of TSLA to show how smart the plan is.

2 Likes

Gee, can’t imagine this will be abused in any way

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1718676793165750564

1 Like

Hahaha he’s going to take that back when his RW nutto audience complains about getting noted all the time

I’m amazed he’s pro note considering how often his own posts seem to be corrected

he’s pro-note because he knows that the rwnj people will downvote them out of existence. none of the notes on his post seem to ever stay on his posts. so i wonder if the monetization will take that into consideration, or it will enable monetization again when the note inevitably gets taken down by the right wing bots.

People are like, “No Elon, please don’t light $25bn of your own money on fire” and Elon’s like, “I’m making a better company.”

I listened to the Dollop podcast on Elon mentioned by @econophile. The humor is not really for me and I spotted a couple of minor factual errors so I’m not confident of all their observations or conclusions but they aren’t exactly the only ones saying this: many of his ventures would have failed if not for government money. Can’t expect that in the case of Twitter.

Maybe he can move money from Tesla or SpaceX? His own brother said he was surprised Elon didn’t go to jail for his shenanigans at Tesla. If he keeps Twitter afloat long enough to get your financial information and X becomes the everything app, golden statues of him will be erected on Mars.

1 Like

For SpaceX that’s true, but that’s true of everyone in that market space. Tesla, maybe?

Re-reading his comments, the cybertruck is just going to sink the company. Given the past history of Musk predictions about the future - his statement that the cybertruck won’t be profitable for 12-18 months, probably means it won’t ever be profitable.

Say what you will about Zuck and Metaverse, he at least was smart enough to eventually bail, even if that meant admitting he blew billions of $. I don’t see Musk ever doing that.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1719076410428473509?t=TzGOhQITlIzovNsUhvAqVg&s=19

3 Likes

unwoke finally getting woke to the fact that being woke is fucking woke

4 Likes

This is good, actually

The irony is that he had to spend billions to turn Twitter into a safe space echo chamber for his transparently incorrect views, so that his feelings wouldn’t get hurt by people pointing out how stupid he is, all while raging against snowflake woke liberals.

2 Likes

Yes, Elon, you’ve done it. Victory! You can go home now.