Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become trillionaires

What has ten fingers and sucks at business without government subsidies?

8 Likes

“Lets make our social media site inaccessible to children/teens” is a wild choice.

Twitter has never been great at making sense of controversial events (like this Gaza hospital explosion), but it’s fucking unusable now. The big problem is that all the top replies to every tweet are complete derp from mouth-breathing bluechecks. If there are any good replies, nobody ever sees them because they’re way downthread. This makes it impossible to get good context or rebuttals or confirmations on anything.

3 Likes

$1 a year :leolol:

Just needs every man woman and child on earth to pay the buck for six years and then he will be in the black. Dude is a business genius!

1 Like

I’ve noticed several times now I’ll try to watch a short video on Twitter and for whatever reason it adds a zero to the time of the video and the playback is all fucked up.

Like this video of Dim Jordan here:

https://twitter.com/TaylorPopielarz/status/1420438437379837955

The video is 1:13 but when I have the tweet open and hit play it decides it’s 11:30 and craps out after 2 seconds of playing.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been beating this drum for a while. Bubbling blue check replies to the top changed the fundamental nature of twitter, and I think it was very intentional.

1 Like

Translation: You can still deploy your bot armies, but Elon wants a piece of the action.

1 Like

Normally this is not a problem for me because I simply don’t read replies, but on an event like this where information is uncertain and changing all the time, that used to be how you’d have to do it. Now it just doesn’t work.

For me it changed reading the comments from a positive experience to rage bait. Probably cut my Twitter time by 2/3.

Something people do, especially in law and philosophy, but generally as a part of rational thought, is to consider the implications or consequences of rules or procedures or really any generalization. Some ideas superficially seem to address problems, but with obvious (or less obvious) consequences that create greater problems than the issue solved. That Elon took this step with blue checks is one of the many pieces of evidence that he is simply not thinking straight. He turned one of Twitter’s greatest strengths into one of its biggest weaknesses.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jdcmedlock/status/1714440907523821880?t=qBY50WRbl7e8Q6gpUu-4VA&s=19

4 Likes

I have another bluesky invite if anyone wants it.

lol. Way overpriced.

Wait he thinks we need MORE humans?

He’s been openly posting Great Replacement garbage for a while now.

3 Likes

Still available?

Ahhh OK. Not more people, just more White people

Yessir, I’ll send it