Elon Musk: Proof that morons can become billionaires

Who doesn’t support a good Dailywire documentary attacking trans people?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1665439266170609666?s=20

1 Like

feel like people are just out there fucking with the twitter trending algorithm, and it gets amplified because it’s elon’s tweets.

https://twitter.com/OsaKuPhD/status/1665221627322200065

They don’t even have enough gross revenue to service their debt.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1665672091197222913?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

That just shows what a visionary Musk is. Most CEOs are so focused on cutting costs that they forget about cutting revenue

4 Likes

Well, on the bright side they just slashed their costs by another $150k/year when they fired whoever put their name on a presentation saying revenue was down 59%.

1 Like

It’s only down 59%?

1 Like

I would guess some advertisers will just let their contracts run to term and not renew, instead of risking a lawsuit by activating the early termination clauses.

1 Like

Legit companies are pulling out, but Musk is willing to accept ads for straight scams, so he can still monetize the user base that way.

1 Like

Counterpoint: they’re executing a sensible strategy to maximize long-term value

Presumably Musk is going to bring Twitter public at some point. When that happens, the valuation is largely going to be driven by revenue growth. The “traditional” (i.e., boring) way to grow revenues is to run your company well and make your product or service more appealing. However, an alternative way is much easier - decimate your existing revenue to a point where it’s so low that any positive change is going to look enormous in percentage terms.

Musk is playing 3-D chess

4 Likes

Seems not viable, but also isn’t this how AM radio has operated for the past thirty years? Looking forward to Twitter being nothing but ads for MyPillow and American Mint Trump Coins.

As with basically all media including and most especially social media, it turns out to be really fucking hard to make money without specifically targeting morons with rage bait.

Got an ad on Twitter for a Jim Caviezel movie, “Sound of Freedom,” about a dude hunting down child traffickers. Sounds cool at first, but then you have to remember that he’s insane now and believes in the adrenochroming of children and other batshit conspiracy theories.

It’s sad how he’s completely gone off the deep end. He had a promising-looking career. Frequency is great. But now he’s whacked out of his gourd.

3 Likes

Good lord, they’re just openly fantasizing about hunting trans kids for sport. None of these people have ever once had a conversation with an actual transgender person, it’s completely deranged.

1 Like

it really went downhill with Passion of the Christ, and subsequent bromance with billO on foxnesws

The first time I was ever a background extra was in a movie where he was the lead. Ah, the good, old days when I was still in my 20’s and he was sane.

i hope you got to throw rocks at him as he’s dragging the cross

1 Like

It was a golf movie. In one of my scenes, he had just won a tournament and I was part of the cliche throng of reporters all yelling questions at him. They actually let us say things (this was before productions in Atlanta were strict with extras), so I yelled something about a video game.

He did sit at my lunch table briefly. He just kept to himself. Seemed like a nice enough guy, but again, this was before his brain was poisoned (or at the very least before the symptoms emerged, as the movie was released the same year as Passion of the Christ).

Golfers also deserve rocks.

1 Like