Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

Reagan was better in most ways that don’t involve locking up millions of people in the drug war/mass incarceration and driving wars in Central America that killed like half a million people, many of them essentially helpless victims of USA sponsored death squads.

Reagan did amnesty. That wouldn’t even happen today if Dems had the White House and super majorities in the Senate and House.

I’m not sure I agree with that.

Dems have a published platform. The best they manage is:

“pathway to citizenship for Dreamers and others”

and

“cut processing times”

Platforms are famously extremist, too

Like you make your platform say doctors will be forced at gunpoint to operate on illegals, and what that means is just Romneycare

Keep dreaming, DREAMers

Their platform would probably be different if they had super majorities because attitudes on immigration would be different.

2 Likes

Ok, but in this world, along with the Dem voters being different than they are, the current Dems in power lose power and are replaced by people with different attitudes for the most part.

I should have just said that the current dems are are unwilling to be as helpful to undocumented residents as Reagan.

1 Like

Reagan nostalgia is baked in, you are never convincing elder Gen-Xers that he wasn’t the greatest president in US history.

I think current Dems are at least as willing to help immigrants if it doesn’t cost them power, but I don’t expect them to risk that power, or at least to not do so before an election. Nor would I expect them to.

And if they did plan on doing things to help immigrants, I would expect them to lie before the election and not make it a major point.

3 Likes

Spoken like someone who has never read the Dem or GOP platforms of the past 20 years

You put all the desires of the most extreme wings of your party on your platform

They do not want people in their tent if their desires are more extreme than what’s in the platform

Yes they do.

https://x.com/BradfordPearson/status/1843346411259342975?t=wz90-uSMLuygCV93KXqHjQ&s=19

2 Likes

Well, I don’t really expect Dem elected officials to have a principled stance for helping immigrants or for freedom in general and I also expect them to do what they think will help them stay in power. The heart of the problem is that the average Democratic voter is more of a freedom hating asshole in 2024 than the average Republican voter was in 1986 - at least in this regard, but in others as well.

I could be wrong, but this at least feels illegal

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1843133043961381178

Reagan wasn’t much of a friend to the LGBQT+ folks either.

‘Hello fellow sports fans’

3 Likes

I don’t find the Eagles/Steelers dual fandom to be that weird. They play in different conferences. You could be a Steelers fan that hates the Cowboys so that the Eagles might make sense as your NFC team. On the other hand, exactly 0 people are Penguin/Flyer fans.

1 Like

I found it weird that they would mention football teams he roots for as if that were relevant.

1 Like

1 Like