Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

We have had the SpaceX discussion here before and it just ends in an argument about how important founders of a company are to its success. My opinion is that if you have the idea, can get the funding and hire the right people then you get credit if it becomes succesfull. Others here says it is all just luck and anyone could have done the same.

The whole thing boils down to our need for things to be binary good/bad as nuance is not really that fun.

Musk is smart, was a good dev, and has had some novel ideas that turned out well. He is an all time great self promoter.

He’s also a freak and a very weird dude. He’s a psychopath and a narcissist. He’s a racist and a bigot of the highest order. He’s extremely dumb about a lot of things.

If you have to go genius vs. moron, I vote moron on the balance. But like everything else, it’s complicated and grey.

7 Likes

Musk isn’t stupid, because he isn’t intelligent.
He is stupid, because he thinks he’s an expert on everything.

3 Likes

https://x.com/joshtpm/status/1838717071003148755

8 Likes

Bob,

Jamie Dimon doesn’t have a Twitter feed full of Nazi shit, a blatant history of securities fraud, 14 kids he never talks to who hate him, a bunch of sycophant drug addicts around him, shall I continue? The guy is obviously a mentally ill train wreck and a massive piece of shit!

6 Likes

He is an actual Demon who thinks changing an e to an i will fool people though.

2 Likes

It’s much more convincing if you change an m to an l and drop the d.

He has a degree in physics so he probably has had to do this at some point. Although I’m 20 years removed from taking calc and am pretty unsure if I could pull this off.

7 Likes

The hardest part of integration by parts is recognizing it can be solved by integration by parts. So I’d bet on Elon being able to solve with prep and being told what to expect. A full blown calc 1/2/3 final would be more interesting, and he can have as much prep time as he wants, because I assume he’ll go in overconfident and bomb it.

Or ask him to solve a second order ODE with no prep. If he’s actively engineering he could do it in his sleep but otherwise there’s no chance. I’d bet on him failing.

I truly don’t disagree with a single word of this. But while he’s always been a piece of shit, he wasn’t always a deranged train wreck. It’s just interesting to speculate about the psychological factors that drive the downfall of exceptional figures.

Well he is very obviously a narcissist, clinically, and narcissists behave quite predictably.

Ah, yes, well now I see why you disagree so strongly with my theory that Elon Musk went off the rails because he wanted a certain kind of admiration and when people didn’t give it to him he engaged in a series of increasingly self-destructive behaviors to get the attention he craved.

What is the actual joke supposed to be?

2 Likes

Ya, I’m lost on this too.

sword → n-word

1 Like

by your nide?

1 Like

Don’t think this can be it.

It looks like Sword Girlfriend is the account that posted the “nurning anninant” comment and not the origin of the picture.

Your theory was that people dislike Musk because of some weird irrational dislike of engineers (?) and that people are groping around for reasons to convince themselves that he’s stupid because they just have an irrational hatred of the guy.

It’s silly. Musk was a beloved pop culture figure precisely because of the genius nerdbro image he cultivated. People turned on him after he started actively promoting white supremacist nonsense. They think he’s dumb because he appears to fall for dumbfuck Neo-Nazi conspiracy memes that Roman statue accounts post.

5 Likes

I’ve seen that s>n meme before and my take was that it was just engagement bait with no real explanation. If there is an actual joke I’d love to know it though.