Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

my take
Ukraine is the biggest CIA operation ever.
Twitter got taken over (obv…) nsa etc llm inc
:slightly_smiling_face:

Ahhhh, so the squatter panic came from Rogan + Musk. The circle of life continues

I know it’s been getting this way but blue check marks are a pure curse on Twitter. I used to read the replies of a breaking news post because Twitter somehow was good at surfacing good replies by people who were knowledgeable or told a good joke or I don’t know but there was a reason to read the replies.

Now it’s pure dreck. Not a single informational reply for the first 50 or so replies.

6 Likes

Yep. By design.

This is the thing that killed Twitter. It’s not really “by design”. I just think Musk did not understand how deplorable-coded the blue checkmark system would be. I sub to like 10-15 blogs or services that cost more than $10/mo but I will not buy a Twitter sub because it would support Elmo and label me as a elmo-stan, and the posting of other blue checks would bleed over to how others see my blue check.

Also, when you allow people to pay to boost their stuff you’ve gone from social media to advertising. Imagine if people on this site could boost their posts with a monthly fee. It would be a disaster.

3 Likes

Really? Who is going to pay for that?

I kind of want to trial that to see how many new posters we get who would look to take advantage of the new policy.

This site is small and I doubt any current posters would, but it’s a thought experiment about how some people paying would destroy the dynamics of a social media site. If you are a troll, paying for visibility would allow 10x the trolling, thus reducing the value of a site to everyone else, especially advertisers.

Hard to understand when you’re a depolorable yourself and it makes sense to you

He just wanted a system that was elmo-stan-coded and did not care how deplorable-coded that would be.

What could go wrong?

https://x.com/mikestabile/status/1773461373730885807?s=46

That sounds super illegal. Arent there laws in place to age gap adult content in the US?

Clicking a button that says yes I’m 18? Like that has ever done anything.

Notably nonempathetc person considers empathy a weakness.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1773477116979646691?t=ydCxJ_ycPwQxAoYFDoHGrQ&s=19

Isn’t that basically what the Romans did - conquer then rebuild?

1 Like

It’s complicated.

8 Likes

“Some call Elon Musk a captain of industry, a modern-day Henry Ford or Howard Hughes. But his obsession with racist conspiracy theories and increasingly apparent mental illness tell a different story.”

2 Likes

Fuck this is dumb.

I feel dumber for having read it.

I have a huge head, my wife has a tiny one. She is much smarter than I, is there any correlation between head size and intelligence?

1 Like