Elon Musk: Dork MAGA

There’s this one too that’s reasonably popular in the Chevy bolt groups:

1 Like

9 Likes

NY Times are cowards for not going with a headline of “Unlike Elon Musk, X Advertisers are Pulling Out”.

7 Likes

The other day as I was about to walk across a road, a Toyota drove by. There was a dog in the driver’s seat, no human in sight. I thought I was crazy.

He already lit tens of billions of dollars on fire. What is 75 million more?

$75 million here. $75 million there. Pretty soon, you’re talking real money.

1 Like

I think axing the staff and paying content providers were basically good business moves. Maybe not axing as much or as hard but still good. If he would have bought Twitter for a reasonable price and not be a clown he’d be doing OK. Twitter was never and probably never will be as much of a heavy hitter as YouTube, Facebook, or TikTok but it wouldn’t have been a dumpster fire.

That makes sense if your goal is a streamlined Twitter with limited growth potential but can be profitable. The issue is that at the same time Musk seems to have grand visions of Twitter being an everything app - displacing Tiktok, etc. while also dabbling in finance (and probably crypto). You can’t really have it both ways - if you want to expand the scope and reach of Twitter, you need a decent sized staff to develop, implement, and test stuff. It feels like Musk only kept the people that develop stuff as every new thing they implement is super buggy and often has to be rolled back. It’s even worse when you consider the new stuff has been pretty minor so it’s only going to get even messier when/if they try to add big new functions.

1 Like

This was a collie.

Never had a bad experience with a collie, but I haven’t seen that many. Border collies…some are amazing and some are completely awful.

Odd that a collie could live to 31, would have expected it was a small dog.

if you paired paying content creation with an ACTUAL verification process, it’s not a terrible idea. but instead this current system actually rewards misinformation, jumping to conclusions as fast as possible to hit viral status, and “verified” bot farms. it took the one thing twitter actually exceled at, quick news aggregation, and turned it into shit.

X has 75 million in revenue to lose?

“In the last three months of 2021 — the last year the company reported fourth-quarter earnings before Mr. Musk took over — the company recorded $1.57 billion in revenue, of which nearly 90 percent came from advertising.”

The inertia that has kept it from completely collapsing is amazing.

“or may do so”

Get fucked corporate advertisers.

1 Like

So X has gone from like 1.4 billion in ads for this quarter to now losing 75 million is a big deal.

Total business genius validated, Thank You!

He doesn’t want to be complicit in war. But on the other hand, they present great opportunities.

2 Likes