Draft & Other Games Writers' Room

Go on…

One thing I was thinking about was a hi/lo GM draft where you draft a mix of the worst and best GM’s OAT.

Another thing was a movie draft using IMDB but you’re constrained to average rated movies (say 4.5-5.5).

2 Likes

My idea is to have an ESPN Ocho programming draft. We exclude the major sports and let people draft minor sports, wacky (or-not-so wacky) pseudo-sports, and other competitions that they would include if they could pick what they would show on the Ocho. I’d also give two slots for movies about competitions that are not major sports.

In for ESPN Ocho

I’d be up for this

For the Ocho programming draft, one concern is determining what is eligible to be chosen. There are things that are too mainstream. If you can play in an NCAA-sanctioned event or win an Olympic medal for it, then it shouldn’t be allowed. So, no beach volleyball. On the other hand, you shouldn’t be able to just make something up. You should be able to find online video of an organized competition for your pick.

Should we permit “sports” that have already been shown on the Ocho? I can see either requiring all-new events or limited you to a set number of things that have already been seen.

Does there need to be a mechanism for challenging whether a choice should be eligible or should we trust the judgment of participants? I might be over-thinking this. Maybe it should just be if enough people complain, we pause the draft and have a vote on it.

My other main concern is figuring out how many rounds to draft. I think we should get 2 movies and x number of sports. The value of x is a bit dependent on how many players.

Would be totally in for an ocho draft. Already have a board

I see an Ocho draft as two movies plus a number of sports. How many sports should be drafted?

• 7 or more

0 voters

Isn’t the obvious answer a total of 8?

The ESPN Ocho ocho-draft?

1 Like