Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

wait, this dude bought twitter because he’s the only person in the world who enjoys the babylon bee?

he’d at least initially poll pretty high (30s? idk people like new before they actually have to make a decision anyway), perot got almost 20% in 92 and elon’s way higher in that realm than perot was

definitely not the first time I’ve heard “they’re just jealous” those brains just think like that

is the first time I’ve heard someone think libs thought they’d be on the left tho cause wut

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1520229638613651456

https://twitter.com/LOCSDJonerik/status/1520231795484110848

9 Likes

Grunch, but in Norway 82% of all new cars sold are now EVs and Tesla has a TON of competition. While Tesla is awesome, so are a lot of other EVs, filling other niches.

Tesla’s market share is 15-20% here.

3 Likes

There are a lot of really great EVs hitting the market now. Most exciting imo is the “lower tier” brands entering the space. The Hyundai Ionic 5 looks awesome. The Kia EV6 is getting good reviews. I think we are at the part of an S curve where it starts to climb much faster. EV adoption over the next 5 years is going to be massive.

1 Like

I definitely am looking forward to the inevitable day when Trump or DeSantis comes out and directly says that anyone who buys an EV is a soiboi pussy and Florida passes legislation to tax the bejeesus out of them. And the new category of vehicles that actually generate extra pollution are born.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to buy an Ioniq 5 for the last few months. The experience has been terrible due to limited supply and dealing with the traditional dealership model and their $8,000 dealer fees.

If the Ioniq wasn’t the ideal car for me I would probably get a model 3. The $7,500 tax cut is also a giant plus for Hyundai.

Love the car though and can’t wait to get rid of this rusty ass civic that’s about to fall apart.

3 Likes

Yea I was recently looking at the Ionic for my mom and had a similar experience. Hopefully supply constraints will ease up soon and you can snag the credit before it is gone.

Coal rollers to become the default mode of transportation in Florida.

1 Like

Yeah, but it will basically look like this:

Fees/Electric Vehicles; Creating additional fees for electric vehicles; creating a license tax and an additional fee for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles; authorizing persons and entities to biennially renew vehicle registrations for electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles; providing that certain vehicles are exempt from specified fees, etc.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/140

1 Like

1 Like

There should be a rule that anyone who talks about what a private company does in regards to constitutional free speech should immediately lose their citizenship for being simply too stupid to participate in a democracy.

4 Likes

Not a chance

1 Like

Wouldn’t that actually be a 1st amendment violation?

6 Likes

Touché.

lol at loving a car.

2 Likes

@pvn

So, you still think this is not happening?

Unless it’s this car

yeah

I think it’s probably 75% that this falls through. elon doesn’t seem serious, I think he’s like the dog that caught the car

if it does happen, though, I think he moves to re-IPO with a dual-class share structure as fast as he legally can so he can maintain control while reducing the exposure to his TSLA shares

5 Likes