Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

I only use it if I’m backing up to my trailer, or very specifically looking for a threat that I think I miss in my mirrors. Also sometimes when I’m backing into my driveway and want to get reeeealy close to hitting my truck, to make sure a guest has room to park in front if needed.

C. I start backing out by looking backwards. Rear view camera is limited angle so will miss someone about to walk behind my car. Once I get a good way out, I switch to camera to see how close I am to the cars in the next aisle. I hate not backing up far enough so I can’t get out in one turn.

I parallel park now solely with the camera.

pretty much A. Camera gives a better view, a wide angle lens and has cross traffic alert.

1 Like

No need to do anything but look at the screen for backing up my car. I can see way more on the screen than by turning my head.

https://twitter.com/adamtranter/status/1479149037253238790

5 Likes

“Boring Tunnel” was uncharacteristically truthful advertising on Elon’s part.

1 Like

I mean the entire thing was just this gif from the jump.

2 Likes

Luckily Teslas are among the most reliable…oh wait.

It was a slightly better idea when the cars were on sleds that moved them through the tunnels at 100+ MPH, once it just turned into cars driving themselves at like 30 MPH it completely fell apart.

This is an analogy for tech companies generally. The thing they describe is great, the thing they deliver is shit. INNOVATION!

2 Likes

Things aint just gonna disrupt themselves.

2 Likes

It’s pretty amazing that in the 1960s it took us 8 years to build a rocket to the moon and back, and these days it takes 8 years to build a car going through a tunnel at 30mph

3 Likes

Not always, USB to USB-C cords seem pretty good.

StarLink only supports CAT5

17 Likes

USB cords that work both orientations rather than neither is a great technological accomplishment.

Elon Musk is both an idiot and an asshole. Demanded a law firm fire an associate who came from the SEC, who didn’t even work on any Tesla matters.

It’s impossible to convince me that someone who doesn’t understand how the game works to this extent is a smart person.

Right. Like dude, this is how rich guys always win. He is just a raging narcissistic dipshit propped up by an army of similarly idiotic fanboys.

Is this the Elon discussion? Or the Joe Rogan discussion? Or the Trump discussion? I am confused.

Can you put coyote pee on the dish?