Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Lightyears ahead of USA of course but terrible vs Europe and getting worse by the year. ‘Bulk-bill’ clinics (free) for GPs have decreased enormously in the last decade and public waitlists for common life-altering surgeries are years long. There are significant trends in terms of housing affordability and availability and healthcare availability (both mental and physical healthcare) that will probably cause the population of rough sleepers to explode in Australia.

Kid is wise beyond his years.

You’re not the only one to make that assumption:

Yeah I think these people being rich traveling surfers means they don’t live near many homeless people combined with more options for shelter means out of sight out of mind.

I’m just saying even my democrat friends have been swept up in homeless hysteria, not that I agree with it. I still go downtown in San Diego for fun and still see the same homeless people every day in my neighborhood, doesn’t seem much different to me.

But I’ve been driving with my family and they’ll see a homeless person harmlessly jaywalking in front of our car and react like the dude is about to pull out a bat and kill us all.

1 Like

Cool.

I’ve mentioned this before, but something that changed is that the courts ruled that cities can’t just move people if they don’t have anywhere to put them. That ruling happened in 2018 and in 2019 SCOTUS refused to hear an appeal. I think this has had a big impact on how visible homeless people have become because they are often staying in tents instead of hiding in bushes and moving constantly to avoid the police.

Probably for another thread but Starbucks does this like every week

looooooooooooool doge that shit still gives me nightmares

(bought at 25 cents :clown_face:)

if this AOC burner account thing is a litmus test for how conservatives are going to do in the new twitter landscape without “verified” accounts it’s gonna be wild…

they are going to get grifted and scammed every where

Just a reminder that late in life McCain was a hero and RBG a zero.

3 Likes

Musk Twitter antics has been genuinly funny, nonetheless I kind of wish some yokel had instead egged him on to buy the rights to Crank Yankers. Think he could bring a fresh approach to the format.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DeathStarPR/status/1642998280069185536

7 Likes

There’s an even better one now

https://www.nolabels.org/

Featuring the great unifiers…

Joe Lieberman and Joe Manchin

1 Like

9 Likes

Yup two guys both sides hate. Great candidates to unify.

Yeah, the percentage of the homeless population sleeping unsheltered is 6% in Australia and 35% in the United States. I would also guess that there are definitional issues at play, people sleeping temporarily at a friend’s house or sleeping in very crowded dwellings are considered homeless here, I don’t know whether or not they would count in the US. I’m a little skeptical that the homeless population here would be 2.5 times the US under the same definition, although it’s certainly a problem on the rise here, especially temporary homelessness. There’s a rental crisis due to the way the housing market has been managed over decades, best not to get me started on this.

The big drug problem here is methamphetamine, importing drugs is hard so meth (which can be made locally) is a lot cheaper than other drugs, and I think overprescription of opioids didn’t happen here to quite the same extent it did there.

1 Like

Context is Elon slapped a “state-affiliated media” label on them.

https://twitter.com/WKCosmo/status/1643588280502349825?t=GsP3DLQWqBjMnAwmMTxc2A&s=19

I listen. Will continues to be a dick.

1 Like

The NPR Twitter account is now labeled “US state-affiliated media,” similar to how RT and Xinhua are labeled “Russia state-affiliated media” and “China state-affiliated media.” That move contradicted Twitter’s own policy on labeling government or state-affiliated media accounts,

It used to have NPR listed like BBC. Which is having editorial independence.

Sounds like the logical next step for Elon’s descent into the abyss.

This just popped up on Twitter for me,