Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

My local interstate was reworked so that all on-ramps to the highway in my city decrease in elevation, making it easier to get up to speed.

I don’t change speed in the right lane of the highway. This confuses some drivers merging onto the highway because they seem to expect me to accelerate past them and slow down when I expect them to use normal acceleration to stay ahead of me.

At this point just FU if you still have a twitter account

I said what I said

1 Like

Merrit/Hutchinson Parkway says hi

https://twitter.com/PatHedger18/status/1629153137670991873

Lol yeah banning technology purely to preserve jobs has always worked so well in the past. Insights into how Tucker thinks too - that he openly admits he’d have a pretext about safety.

He’s such a smarmy douche too. Take a pretty fringe position like “all driverless technology should be banned to preserve jobs” and present it with “Are you joking?” - like he’s not the one making the controversial claim. Exactly what it was like arguing with some of those chuds on 2p2 in the before times.

as a WoW nerd it upsets me that the alt-right has stolen “kek” and basically taken it over.

6 Likes

Yeah, kek is just MMO spam until I’m convinced otherwise.

My local interstate has up, down, and flat. My experience is people merge below highway speed going down and way below highway speed going up. Needs like a rail switch that measures your speed before the merge and sends you to loop around and try again if you’re slow, that’s the only way.

1 Like

Why not just have really long entry lanes so that people have time to figure this out with less pressure?

Money

The main reason is older roads where past engineers had a higher risk tolerance or didn’t understand how much time people need to accelerate or don’t want to bulldoze additional homes to add lanes.

Wouldn’t help. People would still drive 40 MPH until the end of it or try to merge immediately at 40 MPH.

1 Like

There are 75 million more motor vehicles in the US now than 30 years ago. Maybe the number of cars is the problem. So it’s like guns.

I mean, the extra cars sure don’t help. My mom sometimes talks about how when she first learned to drive, she’d drive down NJ-4 almost to the George Washington Bridge and then turn around and come home, as fucking practice because it was such a chill ride. That’s completely unfathomable to me.

When my mom got her learner’s permit, I was the licensed driver in the car with her because my father would yell at her. I would not want that assignment today. Sorry, mom.

When I was a kid in the 70s, old people drove ludicrously slow in our neighborhood, like 15 mph. I always assumed it was just because they were old.

But then later in life I thought it might be because they didn’t grow up with cars, and didn’t learn to drive until they were well into adulthood. So they could never feel comfortable with that much speed.

IMO the answer is to make the test to get a license actually challenging. Use technology to put people in a simulation where they’re required to handle more nuanced situations than stop signs and speed limits.

Of course in concert with that you need to make good public transportation available, accessible, and affordable to the hopefully huge numbers of people who would no longer be able to drive.

1 Like
6 Likes

Also

1 Like

Is it possible to send a company off the rails faster than Elon Musk and Twitter?

I’m glad you asked!

1 Like