Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

I don’t think he has to do much, basically he could use it to amplify preferred candidate’s reach and use engagement data to help his preferred candidate fine tune messaging and suppress the most effective messages for opposing candidates. If Trump or a Trump like candidate wins in either 2024 or 2028 and Twitter is a big part of the campaign strategy or if candidates in other countries are able to use it to bypass media and directly engage with the electorate to good success then it could just happen. Some consortium of Adelson and the Kochs or whoever else could buy in at a much higher valuation than he paid for an opportunity to influence the tool.

Well 3 issues with that imo:

• The other side’s candidate/party will absolutely push for their voters to leave for a different platform. No one will put up with it. This could drop users by 25%+.

• Elections have become about turning out the base. The base is already at maximum engagement on Twitter. Any TFG fan already follows him and sees everything he says. There’s no real undecideds/middle ground any more or at least its way less important.

• Are Adelson/Koch types really going to directly pay Musk billions of dollars? Like here’s a blank check? I really doubt that.

well, he paid like 45billion for it so the only way he ever makes it back is probably through republican government subsidies and bailouts.

Right, like wouldn’t an evil $100billionaire also be willing to pay way above FMV for any large number of media and tech properties under the same logic? Everything from CNN to Duolingo fits the same logic.

I mean, what you’re saying is basically what Musk has already done. He tried to back out but failed and by most accounts it has been a disaster. The FMV of the company is probably a fraction what it was. Do we expect an even bigger idiot to come along and pay even more than Musk for something with an even lower FMV to try it again?

Speaking of…

Platformer can confirm: after Musk threatened to fire his remaining engineers, they built a system designed to ensure that Musk — and Musk alone — benefits from previously unheard-of promotion of his tweets to the entire user base.

By Monday afternoon, “the problem” had been “fixed.” Twitter deployed code to automatically “greenlight” all of Musk’s tweets, meaning his tweets will bypass Twitter’s filters designed to show people the best content possible. The algorithm now artificially boosted Musk’s tweets by a factor of 1,000 – a constant score that ensured his tweets rank higher than anyone else’s in the feed.>

Internally, this is called a “power user multiplier,” although it only applies to Elon Musk, we’re told. The code also allows Musk’s account to bypass Twitter heuristics that would otherwise prevent a single account from flooding the core ranked feed, now known as “For You.”

That explains why people opening the app Monday found that Musk dominated the feed, with a dozen or more Musk tweets and replies visible to anyone who followed him and millions more who did not. Over 90 percent of Musk’s followers now see his tweets, according to one internal estimate.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1625667481653112832?s=46&t=O7TaSRP01jWUKVnfEhmZvg

5 Likes

lmao an @here ping on slack at 2:30 in the morning on a monday after the super bowl from the CEO

2 Likes

Hardcore!

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1625667481653112832?t=EiqZXrxOeoMpez9f_7NBWg&s=19

My pony needs more promotion

3 Likes

That’s one of the more stone-cold loser things I’ve seen, probably deserves two looks

26 Likes

This is loser shit of unprecedented dimensions, but also… @here in Slack at 2:30am to fix this shit? This dude has to be on some sort of experimental black-lab stimulants. Like the stimulant version of carfentanyl, shit that would make police officers blast off into space if they touched it wearing gloves.

4 Likes

A smarter but needier and vastly less entertaining Trump

4 Likes

Thank god they promote gems like these now

1 Like

chapo nailed it, elon is the worst poster of all time.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1625681476200136707?t=MhPVOexX5SaTpTghZHHzLQ&s=19

Chad Biden licking an ice cream cone, giving a loving shoulder hug to his long term wife while they both watch his engagement numbers rise.

Virgin Musk sadly pressing delete while coked out models dance around him and a voice whispers in his head ‘there isn’t a single person here I don’t pay’

13 Likes

It’s almost unbelievable how pathetic he is.

4 Likes

All of those devs should have replied back “looking into it” followed by a go fuck yourself a few hours later.

4 Likes

If he moves Twitter to Mars he can cut off the air supply when he is displeased.

crazy-wtf

3 Likes

Not even alpha enough to use @everyone or @channel

4 Likes

I have been screaming this into the void regularly since the acquisition.

I still can’t believe Google or Microsoft can’t just make a decent twitter clone.