Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

I drive a 2004 Honda Pilot with 200K miles on it. I’ve never had a car payment. Maybe I’m just a poor.

2 Likes

Youre not, you made a sound decision to buy a Honda.

My two longest lived cars were a 90 Honda Civic which made it to 270K on original tranny and engine, and a 2004 Accord which topped 230K.

1 Like

2011 Civic with 215K (I have an annoying commute) still going strong, Accord before that survived to a hair under 250K. Hoping to keep this one going at least until wife’s car is paid off in 1.5 years or so. Hondas rule.

3 Likes

lol clipboard

Oh man, I havent thought about Rome for at least a decade

2 Likes

His Merkur lol

93 Trans Am I’ve had for 18 years that cost me $8500.

1 Like

1972 formula firebird that I wouldn’t want to know how much it has cost me.

The arrested politician was a Republican though so this is just proof Elon’s neutral.

1 Like

“Democrat State” but the guy who was actually arrested was a Republican (of course)

I was thinking that. I went to look for the story and couldn’t find it.

Yeah, D’Souza posted it over a day ago and both he and the Conservative Brief are prolific shit posters, so I had to scroll a bit to find it.

The fact this was an R just proves the existence of corrupt Democrat government overreach or whatever.

Just asking some questions.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1614780167788048385?t=Yz4UZAZUrl7MeHixcGdzsg&s=19

If Warren Buffett said things like this no one would have any confidence in his ability to make rational investments.

6 Likes

It is supposedly a close call with young men wrt to the risks of the vaccine vs. catching COVID - not death but milder heart problems. Both still being extremely low.

But of course that’s not sexy like athletes dropping dead. Especially since it shows no legitimate researcher is actually being censored or silenced, which goes against the whole anti-vaxx narrative.

I don’t think it is actually that close unless one takes a real optimistic view on potential post COVID effects, a real dim view on the effect of vaccines on reducing transmission/post COVID effects, and put some weight on delayed adverse vaccine effects that aren’t really consistent with past vax experience. More bang for the buck at vaccinating older populations for sure, and maybe more complexity around repeated boosters, but vaxxing really not a close decision for anyone otherwise.

2 Likes

Care to show your work here?

1 Like

Saul Faust, professor of paediatric immunology and infectious diseases at the University of Southampton, who was not involved in the work, said the findings appeared to justify the cautious approach taken on teenage vaccines by the UK’s Joint Committee on Vaccines and Immunisation.

The JCVI did not recommend vaccinating healthy 12 to 15-year-olds, but referred the matter to the UK’s chief medical officers who are expected to make a final decision next week. Children aged 12 to 15 who are particularly vulnerable to Covid, or who live with an at-risk person, are eligible for the shots.

In the latest study, which has yet to be peer reviewed, Dr Tracy Høeg at the University of California and colleagues analysed adverse reactions to Covid vaccines in US children aged 12 to 17 during the first six months of 2021. They estimate the rate of myocarditis after two shots of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to be 162.2 cases per million for healthy boys aged 12 to 15 and 94 cases per million for healthy boys aged 16 to 17. The equivalent rates for girls were 13.4 and 13 cases per million, respectively. At current US infection rates, the risk of a healthy adolescent being taken to hospital with Covid in the next 120 days is about 44 per million, they said.

The authors acknowledge that vaccine-associated myocarditis is a concern, despite the generally mild effects, but say “its risk must be balanced against critical illness and cardiovascular involvement associated with acute or postacute sequelae of COVID-19 infection, and particularly with MIS-C in youth.” They point to poorer outcomes observed with either of those conditions than with vaccine-associated myocarditis as described in the current study.

Although the investigators were not able to calculate the incidence of myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccination in this study, Truong cited previous analyses by the CDC and a group at Seattle Children’s Hospital to call the potential complication “a very rare event.”

Moreover, Truong said, in CDC analyses weighing the risks and benefits of COVID-19 vaccination, “the balance has always been in favor of vaccination . . . even within the category of patients that we were most frequently seeing the postvaccine myocarditis [in] at 12 to 17 years of age.”

She said, however, that “risk is on an individual basis, and I think those risks need to be spoken [about] with your medical providers.”

I meant young men and teenagers btw. Maybe I should have just said young male teenagers. I thought I saw something that mentioned young men in their early 20s too.

That study above is the best thing to throw back at anti-vaxxers. “Look, right here, a big study. They found some potential risks but nothing life-threatening. See, legitimate scientists are working on this. No one’s being silenced.” They tend to just ignore and move on. Totally blows their narrative that no one is looking for vaxx risks.

Same for this one. See, even the CDC isn’t trying to silence anything. The risks are unlikely, but known, and almost never lead to life-threatening conditions. Throw this one at them before they throw it at you as some kind of gotcha:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1614638376262701056

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1615115027391954949

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1615116098239713280

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1615118005939093506