Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

“However, we recognise that there are instances where users may share images or videos of private individuals, who are not public figures, as part of a newsworthy event or to further public discourse on issues or events of public interest. In such cases, we may allow the media to remain on the platform.”

yeah i like this part… if elon decides its “further[ing] public discourse”, then all privacy violations are waived according to the TOS.

So when Boebert tweeted that Pelosi had been “removed from the chambers” on Jan. 6, that would be ok because technically she didn’t give away her location, only said where NOT to find her? Or also banhammer?

now he’s tweeting that someone followed a car that may or may not have had his kid in it… and that’s his reasoning for this new thing. and also he’s taking legal action against the highschool jet tracker kid for “supported harm to his family”

I don’t want to sound snobbish but doesn’t this kind of thing happen all the time driving in LA?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SpiroAgnewGhost/status/1603132920822013953

The 10 largest investors in the electric-vehicle maker’s stock, including ETF giants Vanguard, BlackRock (BLK) and Musk himself, lost nearly $133 billion since Twitter’s board accepted Musk’s buyout on April 25, says an Investor’s Business Daily analysis of data from S&P Global Market Intelligence and MarketSmith.

Musk is definitely suffering the most from the Tesla implosion. As the largest shareholder with 14.1% of the company, he’s personally lost $47.9 billion from the time the Twitter deal closed.

2 Likes

Seeing it, hating it

Eh, not really.

Is he alleging that the flight tracker thing had anything to do with the LA stalker?

I, for one, am shocked that the richest man in the world who seems to be obsessed with making a spectacle of himself and trolling the world is getting negative attention. Hire more security, Mr. I’m Rich Bitch.

1 Like

The mystery of why anyone would dislike Elon Musk is as puzzling as trying to determine his political leanings. Here’s why that’s bad news for Joe Biden.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1603209794512470025

Things continuing to go great for world’s second richest man.

2 Likes

Richer in long-run than if he didn’t sell tbh.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603235998263123969?s=20&t=Xii_NJgV_Cwl5XorYp7dXg

this was taken more than 24 hours ago so it’s fine

4 Likes

i would assume that people following celebrities happens pretty regularly. this one may or may not have escalated passed the normal amount. but to say it doesn’t happen often seems unlikely.

Thread:

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1602774335244177408

It brings the total of Tesla stocks sold by Mr Musk over the past year to almost $40bn.

This is not exactly painting a rosy picture to me. Look at the disengagement numbers. Waymo and Cruise are posting numbers three orders of magnitude better than the Tesla crowd-sourced data. Cruise are already operating fully-autonomous paid taxi rides in San Francisco and Waymo (who have been doing it with a human backup driver) today applied for a permit to go fully-autonomous.

1 Like

Yea this has been obvious and inevitable for 3+ years to anyone actually looking beyond Musk’s quarterly ‘fsd will be feature complete and released next quarter. Buy it now, as the price will be going up 200% next month.’

Is everyone going to just let this travesty stand?

1 Like

I have a friend who is a big Tesla believer and his basic argument is that AI improvement is exponential. Like if you think about chess, or Go, or conversing with a human, we went from AI approaches being terrible to being amazing overnight, that does tend to be how AI progress happens, at least in less messy domains than driving. I don’t think this argument is like self-evidently wrong, but “maybe there will suddenly be exponential progress” is also completely unfalsifiable and the tea leaves are looking increasingly non-auspicious to me.

4 Likes

Driving is infinite edge cases. Until AI can reason, I think self-driving is going to be a slog as they account for one edge case after another.

But it does seem like at some point they’ll at least have 99.99% of the edge cases covered, or whatever is sufficient to actually put driverless cars on the road en masse.

2 Likes

Not how self driving AI works which has been pointed out before. Edge cases are basically irrelevant especially with something simple like a car. Hit the breaks fast enough and you outperform humans which is all that really matters.

Not all situations call for slamming on the brakes, and plenty of situations have already come up IRL where the self-driving car should have slammed on the brakes but didn’t. Stuff like the car thinking a semi-truck crossing the road was a highway sign.

In that video I posted, should the car slam on the brakes because it incorrectly identifies a stoplight? Do you want your car to slam on the brakes every time it sees pigeons in the road ahead? If not, you have to explicitly tell it that pigeons will fly off, and that stop-lights just don’t appear on the freeway, which are things a human would know intrinsically.

Now multiply this by every weird situation that could ever come up while driving that a human could reason through.