Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

1 Like

God those were embarrassing vehicles. For when you’re a suburban SUV douche but your midlife crisis compels you to buy a Porsche.

1 Like

Truly pathetic

2 Likes

If it has four doors, it’s not a Porsche.

We saw a Cayenne pulled over recently and I theorized that is was for driving a counterfeit.

Doesn’t even have a rear engine!

“Twitter has terminated a large number of its contract workers according to internal communications viewed by CNBC, all without giving full-time employees who worked with them any advanced notice.”

“Platformer reported that 4,400 out of 5,500 contractors at Twitter experienced job cuts.”

This is a concept car. And the concept is apparently “Glory Days, but a car.”

1 Like

Sure, but they already cancelled their V8 lines (2023 will be the last gas Challengers produced) and are going all-electric by 2030 or some date I can’t remember. I’d bet on any major auto maker with a good track record like dodge to produce quality EV’s than tesla with its absurd entry point of like 50k.

Wasn’t this the plot of some movie with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James

SIL is stopping every 200ish miles to charge her Tesla, is this normal? I think her range is supposed to about 350?

Seems to add a lot of time and stress on a long drive.

Other EVs similar? I’m mostly ignorant.

Should be more of a range than that but maybe she doesn’t want to cut it too close. Hybrids still the best for long road trips.

We are a long ways off from needing a new car, so I got time. Hybrid seems the way to go unless just a local commuter car.

I always thought a universal battery pack might be a nice feature. Slide one out and put one in for say a quick 50-100 mile range. No idea if feasible. The QC on the swapped batteries would need to be foolproof.

I jokingly said a while back that he was just going to have spacex and Tesla buy a ton of advertising even though they have no advertising budget.

But it was a JOKE Elon.

1 Like

Can’t imagine changing a traction battery is ever going to be easy. Heck, changing my car’s starter battery is a chore.

1 Like

So Dodge thinks its customers are toddlers who like vroom vroom noises?

Kind of depends. It increases battery wear to get out of the 20-80 band, so most people will charge much more frequently than once every on a daily basis. Also, city mileage and short trips tend to be worse, especially in winter, because climate control eats up a lot of power, especially when you start driving and you amortize it over fewer miles. For road trips, my Tesla gets about equal to its states range, although you’re at the mercy of supercharger availability when it comes to planning your stops.

Not if he still has billions when all is said and done.

My fiance bought a Tesla Y last year so I’ve got a lot of experience with it. She reserved her car back in mid 2021, before a lot of the recent price increases, and we’re very happy with it as a car.

I’ve also driven the KIA Niro EV and Chevy Bolt extensively. The gulf between Model Y and those other two cars is just gigantic. I went on a road trip in a Niro EV and concluded it’s borderline unfeasible to use for that purpose. I’ve been in multiple road trips in the Y and, as long as you stay near the interstate/supercharger network, it’s a breeze.

My biggest gripes about the Tesla are flat tires and some of the automatic equipment not working well, like the cameras and windshield wipers. Well, Musk being a total shithead is also a pretty big minus. Had one service call on the windshield wiper fluid line being disconnected, and the guy just walked out of the service center, spent 5 minutes connecting it, and we were on our way–not a shred of paperwork or hassle. She could still sell it for more than she bought it for, so it’s tough to complain.

1 Like

We’re actually getting pretty close to where EV’s are pretty decent for long road trips. That Lucid posted ITT has an advertised range of 520 miles, and a 22 minute recharge time to get 300 miles. 800 miles in a day is a ton, and only having to stop 22 minutes to recharge is pretty easy to lineup with a meal/bathroom break.

I mean, to go 800 miles in an ICE car I’d have to stop twice for gas, and I’d end up stopping at least 3-4 times for food/bathroom breaks anyway.

This is the key, and are they all compatible with different manufacturers?

Superchargers aren’t compatible with non-Tesla. It’s one of the biggest advantages of owning a Tesla specifically. Non-superchargers are really, really hit or miss.

1 Like