Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Are you sure about this? How does it know if I like Ben Shapiro? It seems like the replies are sorted by what gets the most likes or replies.

10 Likes

LOL, his tweet crying about losing ad revenue now has one of those big fact-checky things on it.

16 Likes

Not at all surprising that Elon is viewed positively by more people than not. He’s famous and runs companies that make cool electric vehicles and rocket ships. They don’t know about him being an asshole and what-not.

The Simpsons dedicated an entire episode to his greatness.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SkippyIsNuts/status/1588541868719370240

This is my biggest fear and it’s basically coming true. Twitter was annoying and terrible. But at least the truth was mostly winning out in the replies. Blue checks for everyone and amplified placement for blue checks will completely destroy that.

One less source of aggravation for the oligarchs - just like when Putin’s buddies bought out the major independent media in Russia.

1 Like

I just opened my twitter and that Elon tweet about advertisers was the top one listed for me of the tens of thousands of tweets I have ready to read.

🫥

Had to login to make sure and rate that context as helpful.

Here’s a HackerNews post that’s probably more accurate than anything:

Working at Twitter is kinda cool, but not SPACESHIP cool. And the dynamic is completely different when you don’t build a company from the ground up and aren’t GOD from day one.

His goal I guess is to fire everyone and replace with lackeys. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Latest Tweets bro. Oh yeah, I bet they kill that soon.

Pointing out people who WILL pay the $8:

https://twitter.com/ACTBrigitte/status/1588239127354351616

1 Like

lol

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/ScottNover/status/1588369490722492417

So if a Chinese or Russian oligarch wanted to buy Twitter, I guess the government would step in at that point? If so, on what grounds?

How can we be sure about this assessment considering we’ve never even seen a TikTok summarizing the day of a new grad PM at Tesla or SpaceX?

2 Likes

The government can impose sanctions on pretty much anybody if they want to. They could put all of the Russian oligarchs and the Chinese government and all the rich Chinese nationals on a list that says “these people cannot own US securities” and that’s that.

1 Like

Once upon a time I used to have sign off that our investments business didn’t hold any assets in accounts for anyone on the OFAC sanctions list:

I think the Treasury can easily block any foreign ownership if they want to.

1 Like

But it’s a private company. Could Musk sell to Jack Ma right now if he wanted to?

Public vs private doesn’t matter to OFAC, it prohibits transactions with sanctioned individuals, entities, or countries.

If he made a deal with Jack Ma, and Jack Ma was on the OFAC list, then the transaction could be blocked.

2 Likes

I’d pay $58/month for an AOCgram social media site.

1 Like

What if Jack Ma buys 44bn / $8 subscriptions instead?

1 Like