Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

It’s not even clear that this army is that large. For example, isn’t one of the reasons why the IRS doesn’t go after rich tax dodgers because they just don’t have the legal resources to fight the lawbros hired by those rich tax dodgers.

They probably have a deadline for when the merger has to close or else the commitment goes poof. Underwriting bankers are all fucked if this closes. Instant 20 plus point loss on all bank debt/30 plus on the bonds and it still might just end up being partly held on balance sheet. Will be like the Carvana financing but way way worse.

Twitter has retained the best business law firm in the country.

Not only the best law firm, they make a mean deli as well.

1 Like

It’s going to be a hell of a day for “The Discourse” if daddy elon takes his first and only loss from (((Rosen and Katz)))

3 Likes

I heard that Rosen Katz and Watchell Lipton were dead.

5 Likes

BartScottCantWait.jpg

So,Twitter has Wachtel. Who does Elon have? Whatever schmuck responded to that ad for attorneys he put up on Twitter?

He has Skadden, a perfectly competent firm known for being complete whores even in the world of corporate law.

Ahh. Well that’s a fight at least. It’s been a while, but IIRC, all my lawbro acquaintances would have preferred a Wachtel offer over a Skadden offer when they were looking for biglaw jerbs.

I’d say partner quality between Skadden and Wachtell isn’t that different (small edge to Wachtell). For associates though it’s not close - Wachtell is by far the best. Better pay (which is rare for associates) and you have a legit shot at partner (Wachtell rarely hires lateral partners/associates). Skadden is a meat grinder for associates and most of their partners are brought in from outside the firm.

1 Like

The let them fight gif has been doing a lot of work recently. Dies anyone own the nft?

2 Likes

Elon going full Great Replacement is very much on the table.

Skadden and Wachtell were both born in exactly the same niche of capitalizing on Jewish talent excluded by the anti-Semitism of places like STB in the 60s. I get that the joke is that a white nationalist wouldn’t know about Skadden’s Jewish legacy because Flom isn’t a stereotypically Jewish name, but…did you?

Tell me you read Malcolm Gladwell without telling me you read Malcolm Gladwell.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mikesington/status/1545888671538167808?s=21&t=R37tltAa_-e_r00XhbQCCg

lol

Lack of resources is just an excuse, imo. What they are really saying is that there isn’t the political will to go after a lot of these people because the cases would be expensive and that could be used as a political lever against politicians. Like, I deal with the Army Corps of engineers for a lot of things, and they do have effectively unlimited resources to defend lawsuits, so the game is to try to make defense of their action politically toxic. I imagine it’s not that much different with the IRS. As soon as they go after some ultra wealthy tax dodger, that person will begin a media campaign against the IRS and government. Lacking political will and elected officials to give them cover, there isn’t any way random government attorneys are going to take that heat, imo.

Also you don’t get that cushy post IRS/DOJ job by being aggressive.

lololol

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1546669610509799424?s=21&t=-Q6LW2AHY9vYN6bQ-gx8aQ

Elon “Macron” Musk

I think this means Musk is going to be on Team DeSantis?