Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Great job guys.

https://twitter.com/eisingerj/status/1529079037280276483?s=21&t=_GvYL5ulMmg9w83OHPWaoQ

You’re THE FUCKING US GOVERNMENT GOD FORBID YOU HAVE TO TRY A FUCKING CASE:

The SEC also was uneasy about the risks of the most extreme step – scrapping the deal and starting litigation – given Musk’s resources, four of the sources said.

3 Likes

If anybody is actually looking to sell a car, I recently used CarBuyerUSA and was pretty happy. Offered more than any of the other options (vroom, carvana, carmax, etc), came and picked the car up, and was a totally painless process.

2 Likes

$5 trillion government and you’re uneasy about going after a single billionaire? That adds up.

1 Like

Could he be “untouchable” because the US government relies to much on SpaceX for their space stuff?

The trillions are for war machines and subsidizing fossil fuels.

Sounds like fElon relies on taxpayers like you and I for his SpaceX stuff. They sure have a lot of stewardesses that we’re paying for.

It’s idiotic myopia by individuals in the SEC.

A mid level person in the SEC and their team can spend years just going after Musk and maybe end up losing in a way that establishes bad precedent/case law for the SEC. Like this decision:

Or they can spend those years going after small time crooks with no resources to defend themselves and put out dozens of press releases about themselves winning cases.

It’s just career planning by weak tight losers. Same reason D politicians are allowing us to get steamrolled by aggro Trumpers.

9 Likes

I agree with this, I would add that a very promising career move for these SEC people is to jump over to the private sector to become a Chief Compliance Officer at an investment firm. The whole value proposition for these people is that they can offer to join a private sector company and say “Hey, I was at the SEC for 15 years, I know exactly what they are looking for and if you make me your CCO I can keep them off your back.” That value proposition blows up if you are an attack dog at the SEC and everyone in industry hates you.

11 Likes

I feel like for this twitterbot nonsense to hold Elon needs to prove he is so dumb he had no idea twitter had any bots when he made his offer.

I too worry about ‘resources’ when I can create them out of thin air at any time.

2 Likes

thanks for this link. it was quite informative, and i also now know who nathan robinson is

1 Like

for some reason this made me think of succession, when tom goes into parks, and gets handed a folder of murders on cruises. that’s who those regulators/cco types are.

This is objectively insane behavior? He had a shot at getting out of this by saying his financing was no longer viable due to Tesla being down 50% but instead he’s doing this?

https://twitter.com/compound248/status/1529567263132733448?s=21&t=DU3L82fjhE0EMjf4V46QMg

Speaking from experience, this isn’t just an American/SEC thing. This happens constantly in Australian financial/tax regulation too. Fear of rich private individuals/companies wealth precluding legal action, it’s a joke.

If the country of Jersey, which seems to exist only to facilitate money laundering and shelter criminals’ wealth, can crack down on Roman Abronavich, maybe the god damn US government can take a crack at enforcing the law?

2 Likes

Feel free to revert my title change

Banks are probably praying this falls through, I don’t think that deal is syndicable. If it is, it probably is at a loss to the banks that underwrote it.

Am I ponied or have we not talked about Elon Musks crooked dick?

This is the greatest text of all time.

Heres a copypasta:

"She’s begging for total global humiliation… She’s gonna get it. I’m gonna need your texts about San Francisco, brother… I’m even sorry to ask… But, she sucked Mollusk’s crooked dick and he gave her some shitty lawyers… I have no mercy, no fear and not an ounce of emotion, or what I once thought was love for this gold digging, low level, dime a dozen, mushy, pointless dangling overused flappy fish market… I’m so fucking happy she wants to go to fight this out!!! She will hit the wall hard!!! And I cannot wait to have this waste of a cum guzzler out of my life!!! I met a fucking sublime little Russian here… Which made me realize the time I blew on that 50 cent stripper… I wouldn’t touch her with a goddamn glove. I can only hope that karma kicks in and takes the gift of breath from her…

Sorry, man… But, NOW, I will stop at nothing !!! Let’s see if mollusk has a pair… Come see me face to face… I’ll show him things he’s never seen before… Like, the other side of his dick when I slice it off…"