Douchebag 2.0—an Elon Musk company

Interrupting the Tesla-is-a-scam conversation to report that the two top-selling vehicles in California in Q12022 were the Model 3 and the Model Y, each of which outsold the Accord and the Camry combined.

Perfect scenario for Tesla. High income state economy plus a tax rebate that expired March 15th. If they maintain that spot through second quarter or full year, that’s another positive sign.

Wait I thought the whole investment thesis was “we are really a battery company.” Because selling a lot of cars in one period in one state isn’t helping me get to a $700 billion market cap.

The text is basically verbatim from the Youtube interview:

The guest is the comms director for PAVE and hosts a blog called Autonocast that has had some serious guests such as the chair of the NTSB.

2 Likes

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-pricing-negotiation/average-new-car-price-all-time-high-a4060089312/

6 Likes

I would be surprised if bluebook on my car was over $400.

Literally anything that runs will be double that.

I looked. You’re right, $1,800 for private party. Woot.

I’ll give you $400

3 Likes

But then I have to walk to the grocery store.

1 Like

$400 gets a lot of groceries delivered.

2 Likes

So glad I don’t drive.

2 Likes

I have not driven a four-wheeled vehicle in a year

It’s great

1 Like

I wish I didn’t have to. holy shit. worst part of my job.

Chad, tell us how you managed it.

Well I’m sort of cheating. I spend about $60/wk including tips on Lyft to and from work/home. I take my weekends at home. Week I sleep in the truck bunk even if I’m in Richmond at the company terminal for the night.

Where I live I can walk to absolutely anything I could need or want.

I got a sturdy, lightweight cart on wheels that folds up. Walk it to and from the grocery store or wherever as needed.

3 Likes

A cheap, efficient public transport system would take any area of America and make it immensely more livable.

It would improve financial wellbeing, physical health (if transport included a bike share program), mental health, improve the environment and even boost the economy. It’s a shame that public transport is stigmatized as something that only poor people use.

1 Like

my hands are dirty :hammer_and_wrench: my money clean

2 Likes

Just make everyone poor so they have no choice but to use public transportation.

I put my car into carvana for fun the other day. They offered me $475

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1528138082184224770