Donations

Another Patreon donation for $5 (Patreon name != Unstuck name), and the net brings us to:

Patreon balance $39.40
Paypal balance $193.90

Unstuck funds $233.30

Remember the last time you didnā€™t nip chez and WN and the rest of the BruceZ crew in the bud?

Remember the last time you let these clowns get a toehold in this community and then they turned the entire place into a white supremeacist hangout and booted us all out? Give em back the money, then IP ban them.

On reflection, maybe take the money and IP ban them.

3 Likes

microbet check ur messages

@anon92450360 - ok, just getting to Unstuck work.

Got one more subscriber to Patreon - $5 donation. The name doesnā€™t match any screen name I know. (do people refer to this as ā€œscreen nameā€ or ā€œhandleā€?)

Also, we hit August and a bunch of subscribers just donated again. Patreonā€™s interface still seems to suck. I suspect thereā€™s a download of data that Iā€™ll look for soon. At this point Iā€™m just reporting the balance.

Patreon balance: $87.71
Paypal balance: $193.90
Total = $281.61

There was another $5 patreon subscriber on 7/31. The name doesnā€™t match anything I know here.

Patreon balance: $96.62

I downloaded the CSV to see if it gave me more info, but itā€™s still pretty sparce. Iā€™d like to be able to look this up by donor.

Month Processed Pledges Creatorā€™s Share Processing Fees Patreon Fee Merch Items and Shipping Creatorā€™s Share (%) Processing Fees (%) Patreon Fee (%)
2019-07 $50.50 $43.70 $4.26 $2.54 $0 86.53% 8.44% 5.03%
2019-08 $60.50 $52.92 $4.54 $3.04 $0 87.47% 7.5% 5.02%

On 8/15 there were two new donors on Patreon, one for $5 and one for $10.

The current account balance there is now $109.83. Paypal is unchanged, so total unstuck balance is $303.73.

1 Like

If I were to donate a small amount say 5 or 10 dollars or so which method has less fees, Patreon or Paypal?

WTF Patreon. Tried two days ago to login on mobile and now am trying on desktop, and it ainā€™t sending me the promised verification email. Iā€™m already a patron of a couple of podcasts.

Patreon: ā€œTo keep your account secure, we need to verify this device. Weā€™ve sent an email to [XX]@[YY].com. Open the link in the email to continue.ā€

I think I accidently did my first Patreon login a few years ago with FB, which screwed up my login (need to use FB login).

Paypal doesnā€™t charge any fees if you do it as a friend and family transfer.

On 8/16 there was a paypal donation for $10: $9.41 after fees
On 8/17 there was a paypal donation for $30.01: $28.39 after fees

Reporting kind of sucks on Patreon or I havenā€™t figured it out yet. I get notified of new patrons, but not the recurring donations. I can look at all the patrons and see when they made their last one, but itā€™s not that easy to just track each donation. Anyway, the balance is a little higher now.

Paypal balance is $231.70
Patreon balance is $114.30
AdSense balance is $6.79

Unstuck total balance: $352.79

At some point Iā€™m probably going to try to just report the summaries like every other week or something, but I dunno.

Twice now my daughter has inadvertently stolen Unstuck money which I have reimbursed. This shouldnā€™t happen as thereā€™s an option to just steal it from my bank account instead of the PayPal balance, but it did. At some point Iā€™ll do something to make this unpossible.

Can you provide me with the option to steal from your bank account?

1 Like

Another Patreon subscriber for $6.66 a few minutes ago. Patreon balance now (after the fee) is $119.95

Patreon - a new subscriber on 8/24 for $6.66 and a few recurring donations happened. Adsense changes all the times. No paypal donations since last reported.

Adsense balance: $42.08

Patreon balance: $167.38

Paypal balance: $231.70

Total Unstuck balance: $441.16

Notie: Unstuck is looking for a new treasurer/admin. A thread about this is forthcoming.

Incomplete report hereā€¦Treasury duties are being transferred to spidercrab.

Patreon balance is currently $196.20 - at the moment both of us have access to it. Spidercrab should be changing login info so that I no longer have access.

I transferred $231.70 via paypal to spidercrab. He has access to patreon and adsense so the transition is pretty much complete.

Can we still donate via PayPal?

Just to be transparent, thereā€™s not actually a separate unstuck politics paypal account - Iā€™m holding the paypal funds in my personal paypal account. If people believe thereā€™s a better solution, Iā€™m all ears. It didnā€™t seem worth the trouble to establish a separate account for a relatively small amount that doesnā€™t provide any obvious additional benefits. (That is, whether itā€™s in my personal account or a separate account that I control, you are all trusting me to manage the balance.)

If youā€™d like to send via paypal, PM me. Current balances are:
Patreon: 272.45 (held in the unstuck politics patreon account)
Paypal: 171.70 (held in my personal paypal account)

Iā€™m told that there is a small balance in the Google AdSense account, but for some reason I cannot access it.

Yeah I am fine with it being your account. Just wasnā€™t sure if you were okay with direct donations. Rather not pay patreon a cut.

I will contact you. Thanks.

Itā€™s $61.78, but they have a $100 minimum payout and Iā€™m not at all confident that weā€™re going to be able to get that mess straightened out. I think we need to start from scratch with a better plan.