Donations

True but it’s also different than “spidercrab has a bunch of UP money in his personal bank account.” You could make the account e-mail and name like UPtreasurer@whatever, and it would go with the job.

Most of this is semantics and I think it’s safe to say we the people of UP trust you, so it’s really up to you what you’re comfortable with. I think whatever you decide on, if you put it up for a vote it would pass convincingly.

5 Likes

Did this issue ever get resolved?

No, but in the last week I had mentally decided to withdraw the money, as the issue is only going to continue as the Patreon balance grows while I keep funding the site. So my plan is to withdraw the money, continue to pay the hosting fees each month and continue to report the balances, only it will be me owing UP instead of the other way around.

And if people want me to transfer the excess funds to someone else to hold, I’d be happy to do that, too.

5 Likes

This issue came up in another thread. Are you able to confirm @■■■■■■■ donated roughly $90 or the correct amount?

It’s not my decision to make alone, but if he is dissatisfied is there a process to refund his donations? I realize this isn’t great precedent to set, or has it already happened before? Maybe could be reviewed in some way on a case by case basis?

https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/self-temp-ban-request-thread/4485/233?u=meb

Looking quickly at the file I have, $90 seems accurate.

It’s not my decision to make alone, but if he is dissatisfied is there a process to refund his donations? I realize this isn’t great precedent to set, or has it already happened before? Maybe could be reviewed in some way on a case by case basis?

This hasn’t been done in the past, but I believe Victor has raised this point before (with no resolution). It’s possible that there’s some discussion on the topic earlier, but I haven’t searched for it and I don’t recall who weighed in or what they said.

I will say that I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to unilaterally decide to refund any money - I’m just a steward for the community’s money and would abide by their expressed views.

1 Like

Not sure if this is serious, but sure?

Weird, there used to be a paypal button featured prominently on the homepage. Here’s a link to the account.

:coolbiden:

Victor,

It’s $90. Goofy’s lost that in the past 30 seconds on bitcoin. In the time it took me to write this second sentence he made it back. Now he’s lost it again.

4 Likes

Finally a use case for the blockchain

12 Likes

@BestOf

2 Likes

Confirmed. I guess I’m an escrow right now. I’ll either ship back to goofy or ship to Victor, but tbh it seems gross to pay someone to leave.

1 Like

just do it. Vic has had his performance

2 Likes

I think you are badly misreading the Meb situation. And if Riverman was going to permaban you, don’t you think he woudl have done it by now?

I’m definitely regretting getting involved.

If I’m understanding things correctly, I will either:

• Ship $90 to you if you’re banned, or
  • Ship the $90 back to goofy if you’re not

Isn’t that what you wanted?

I’ve never checked Patreon messages before, sorry. But looking at the message you sent, you just offered the same deal that you offered in this post: refund your donations in exchange for you never posting again.

I never accepted that deal, and I don’t even think it’s my call to accept that deal. And I’m absolutely not accepting any deal that even hints that I’m paying someone off because of thievery.

5 Likes

Given that we run through admins on this site like a cheese grater it’s probably best not to put @spidercrab in this position. I agree it’s shitty.

2 Likes

Just send the money back and drop it imo. $90 isn’t going to break the site and goofy covered it anyhow. Mods can deal with situation separately.

1 Like

I’m also open to any and all buyout offers. You could be rid of me forever. Let me know guys!

2 Likes

i sent goofy thousands of dollars and he honored our agreement very professionally and quickly by sending me several “tubby cats” which plummeted in value almost immediately. so i’d vouch that he’s honorable, but warn you against accepting tubby cats as the payment.

16 Likes