Donations

I guess you have my email already, yolo.

I’ll sign back up i stopped when I took my break.

1 Like

So that’s what happened to my nice t shirt.

I didn’t like to ask.

1 Like

I normally tell people who donate or are considering donating that they can view me as relatively trustworthy because I have a semi-public profile and the mods know how to contact me in real life if necessary. But I just realized that’s not true. I think the admins (particularly @microbet, @anon46587892, and @zikzak) know who I am, but not the group of moderators.

That seems ok to me, but I realized I’ve unintentionally been lying to people. Everyone cool with the situation where admins know who I am, but mods don’t necessarily?

10 Likes

Fine with me since micro crushes raw eggs with his bare hands so you really don’t want to cross him.

3 Likes

September update:
Incoming:

• Currently have 23 donors on Patreon that I believe should be generating $143/month. September looks very strange (it’s only about $90), but I hope that has something to do with Patreon’s billing at the beginning of each month. Currently a balance of $1,406.57 in the Patreon account that I have access to.

• 2 donations via Paypal last month, bringing total Paypal balance to $158.07. The Paypal account is in my name.

• @zikzak can update the ad account - I don’t have access to that.

Expenses:
We’re still running $40/month, which @zikzak pays and I reimburse him for. The last time I paid him was $120 for the quarter on 7/1, so he’s due for another $120 at the end of September.

Thanks to everyone for donating - don’t forget to try to bring in new members!

Finally, I still have not used the skyline chili gift card, although I will probably be doing so this month. Can’t wait.

7 Likes

Canned Skyline Chili is one of my all time favorite stocking stuffers.

ETA - thank you for your services.

1 Like

I’m withdrawing my Patreon contributions
if you don’t spend this damn gift card.

I’m withdrawing them
My Patron contributions
buy the damn chili!

4 Likes

CA$410.08

If anyone is volunteering in any capacity for political stuff, maybe you might mention this website imo.

Maybe I am missing something but if we have close to $2000 and our expenses are $40/month why are we still collecting nearly 4x our expenses each month?

1 Like

Dewd…

Hookers and blow, obviously. And isn’t closer to 3.5 times than 4?

I think the idea is we will grow. I’m not seeing the growth yet but the money could be used to buy ads for the site, stuff like that. And servers are cheap now but we only have like 100-200 daily users or something. It goes up when we’re in the thousands. Would be better to have a buffer for that.

I thought about doing this but honestly I think they will be scared off. The crowd im volunteering with is very moderate.

2 Likes

Yeah, we might be a little outside my m-in-law and her crowd’s Overton Window. For the most part they couldn’t use the software anyway.

Volume

1 Like

I’ve recently switched to pouches. I think it tastes better.

1 Like

I can promote is to the crowd of people who watch Jared Yates Sexton on YT and patreon. I think they will be amenable.

Personally I’m not sure I want more people. Is this what people want?

Zz and gregorio should just take more imo.

4 Likes