Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Got a weird feeling that when Trump is elected he may end up minting that trillion dollar coin

2 Likes

Yes, there was literally an article other day about how they paid millions just last month for his legal fees

Yes I meant donors pacs etc

He didnā€™t though. Donors do

1 Like

Yea I donā€™t think that ā€œhad to pay legal fees with other money from donors and not his own that he could use to campaignā€ is really consequences people were lookin for here

1 Like

But his reputation is being hurt!

5 Likes

Heā€™s appealing the trial date.

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1772304394463109182?t=909bQDyjLYuL-iolLD2Weg&s=19

Never give up. Never surrender.

1 Like

No basis, letā€™s see what happens!

3 Likes

NO BASIS FOR in LawBro tweets is when you know the exact opposite is going to happen in reality.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Trump walked down the escalator to call Mexicans rapists barely less than 9 years ago. He has committed a multitude of crimes since including inciting a coup/attack on the capital building and is still not only feeling zero consequences but winning multiple golf championships in one weekend with Jack Nicklaus as MC and is the favorite to be the next president.

Expecting anything to come out of these stupid court cases is a fools errand. Everything is going to come down to the election.

4 Likes

No basis - we got him!

1 Like

$175M? No problem. I guess he can just go back to Chubb or whoever now. The stay also removes restrictions on borrowing from NY institutions.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1772294947674157463?t=d8X8I-m8udT8aSVBJzqK1g&s=19

1 Like

Trump winning all of his golf championships at his own course

12 Likes

Unless NY courts are inclined to do him a special favor

Well thank fuck thereā€™s no chance of that!

4 Likes

Every lawyer who utters the word ā€œno basisā€ should be immediately disbarred.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not zero consequences, though. Like, he has to actually grift that money. That requires effort and adds more risk for him. I know heā€™s not penniless behind bars like everyone wants to see, but saying he has faced zero consequences is just dumb.

The main consequence he has faced is losing the 2020 election.

The word you are looking for is temporary setback, not consequence.

Well, he has fucked the Republican party to shitty donor numbers this cycle, thatā€™s something.

Itā€™s not something unless they lose.

Which could happen, but letā€™s not count our chickens.

1 Like