Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Everyone should post the odds they would have to be offered in order to accept taking the “not Trump” side of the next Presidential election

Don’t know the exact odds, but I’d probably land on something a little worse than even money as of right now.

On paper seems like it should be bad for Trump:

1. Wants to round up millions of illegal immigrants, which should sound scary for legal Hispanics and other minorities who lived through the increased racism in his term.

2. Multiple criminal and civil lawsuits

3. Having previously tried to stage a coup and murder the Vice President

4. Stock market high, unemployment low, inflation appears to be stabilized

5. Republican house shitshow can’t even pass a budget

But apparently here we are because of his handling of Gaza (Trump would have been much worse) and because he is old.

1 Like

What’s your answer?

I’d bet not Trump for sure if I’m getting 2-1 and I’d start thinking about it at 3-2.

This bodes well for the Republican Party.

Didn’t know this would trigger a trump tax crisis. I am all for it.

1 Like

Im not going to bother figuring out how the hell Trump is getting $3 billion from a worthless social media company but I’ll assume it’s just stealing from his idiot supporters somehow

1 Like

I was pondering this yesterday. The money has to come from somewhere. I assume the investors who bought in and couldn’t sell will take the bath, but maybe someone with more acumen can elaborate.

I read an article suggesting it is a meme stock that has been bid up by supporters.

I haven’t quite understood how the special purpose vehicle shares will be sold or whether more shares will be created, so I have no idea if theres sufficient demand to maintain that price through the process and if Trump tries to sell.

He only gets to use the $3 billion if he can sell his shares for that. So first, it will depend on how the stock does after IPO, and second even if the stock price supports that valuation, you can’t dump >50% of the stock without moving the market.

2 Likes

You figured it out

5 Likes

At 7 to 1 I’d start considering trivial amounts to wager

Here’s the likely board that would have to give permission for Trump to sell his shares before the 6 month lock-up period.

"WHO WILL BE ON THIS COMPANY’S BOARD?

Mostly people put forth by TMTG, including the former president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., if all goes as expected. Former Republican Rep. Devin Nunes would be a director and the company’s CEO.

Also on the board would be Robert Lighthizer, who served as Trump’s U.S. trade representative, and Linda McMahon, who ran the Small Business Administration under Trump."

Reminds me of that one tragedy

2 Likes

Dude is bragging about having a cool liquid $0.5B.

Letitia should put a claim in on that pronto. Put it into escrow.

:wink:

1 Like

Last night he posted

SOOO UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND UNFAIR

Today, he’s got the money.

4 Likes

Idk what any of this means but seems bad for Trump

https://twitter.com/danprimack/status/1771184884616167753?t=zvRndlL6RmZ2o_KHpHpq2w&s=19

3 Likes

This is silly. I’ll give you Trump +105

1 Like

I take this to mean that he’s starting to realize running for president was the worst thing he ever did

3 Likes