Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

I’ll respond in the Biden thread, I don’t want to muck this up.

I think there are a considerable number of people like me, who voted for Biden, absolutely will vote for him again, but are disappointed by him. I think many of us felt the same way about the Obama administration.

I’d imagine he gets the value that would have gone pay off the fine, but he isn’t getting that property back without buying it from the new owner.

1 Like

13 Likes

Yeah, but what has he done that you disapprove of lately?

1 Like

Merrick Garland was appointed with one purpose in mind. Trump needed to be prosecuted and everyone knew that, but to mitigate dangerous precedence in the future he figured he would get a somewhat respectable Republican (oxymoron I know) to do the prosecuting. After all, anyone with half a brain knew Trump needed to be prosecuted and Garland was appointed for that specific purpose.

Unfortunately Garland is a Republican and therefore too stupid to realize even the most obvious things.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-21/ny-poised-to-seize-trump-westchester-assets-if-fraud-fine-unpaid?srnd=homepage-americas

New York state’s $454 million judgment against Donald Trump in a civil fraud lawsuit was formally registered in Westchester County just outside Manhattan, a sign that his properties in the area may be at risk of being seized if the former president fails to post an appeal bond.

New York Attorney General Letitia James registered the judgment on March 6, according to the Westchester County Clerk’s online database. The filing didn’t give a reason for the registration or identify any Trump assets, but it will allow James to more easily secure liens, should she decide to do so, on two of the real estate mogul’s most valuable properties: Trump National Golf Club Westchester and the mostly undeveloped 212-acre Seven Springs estate.

You know that Trump has got to have the best memorabilia collection. I hope he didn’t move all of his Knick-knacks to Florida. If there is a chance to pick up an autographed George Forman grill at auction, I will be there.

1 Like

A lot of president elections are effectively referendums on the incumbent, with plenty of non-ideological people clicking buttons and voting for the other guy as a way of voting no on the current guy.

lol wait I thought he took a massive tax deduction for promising not to develop seven springs if he gets to count it at market value now he should have a big tax problem (I know)

Wait so it’s just a lien? I want it shutdown

https://x.com/gelliottmorris/status/1770820905075167508?s=46

2 Likes

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1770876803357233375?s=46

1 Like

VERY EXPENSIVE

My gut is telling me the bond will be reduced so he can afford it.

2 Likes

Jon Lovitz reference really out of left field there

3 Likes

Yea my gut is he gets his way somehow

1 Like

Seeing speculation on his plane. That would be so embarrassing for him.

1 Like

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but seems like an antisemitic remark to me.

Nah. 464 million, that’s the ticket…

I cannot be the only person who got a big lift from the SOTU. It went from feeling hopeless to…less hopeless overnight.

1 Like

It’s amazing how he even squeezed in a grievance there, too.