Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

Same.

And there was talk of him coming back long term as Beast for the live action X-Men for the MCU, but a vocal Trumper is a big thumbs down.

People were saying this like 8 years ago? I’m not falling for the banana in the tailpipe.

https://twitter.com/LakotaMan1/status/1732161813566108161?t=XFE8wlB0Yl-Yk2vK2vhVUA&s=19

When Columbo did it, it was a potato iirc. Seems like it would be more reliable than banana.

“Lakota Man” is a #Resistance grifter acount, I think

2 Likes

Yes this has been rumored for years I remember seeing some shit claiming he was wearing a back brace but it’s all bullshit

1 Like

Sean Hannity: “Under no circumstances, you are promising America tonight you would never abuse power as retribution against anybody?”
Trump: “Except for day one.”

Basically a modern Cincinnatus.

1 Like

I just watched that episode last night. It was great

At the end Milland looks back at the car and nah, he doesn’t believe it. Ha.

2 Likes

That’s amazing.

Unless Trump gets his way,

they plan to ignore upcoming deadlines in the case regarding pretrial motions, exchanges of information with prosecutors and designation of expert witnesses.

1 Like

So basically fuck you no?

I’m just glad he promised to only be a dictator on day 1. It’s a huge relief for me

3 Likes

So basically fuck you no?

I guess.

Trial is supposed to start in 3 months.

Questions: What consequences could be imposed for ignoring deadlines? How long will the immunity appeal take? Months? If Chutkan manages to drag them through the pretrial stage so trial can start on 3/4 but the appeal isn’t decided, what then?

Just hope he doesn’t realize that The Purge had sequels

It’s like wishing for more wishes when you were a kid.

On day 1, he’ll dictate that he’s also going to be a dictator on day 2. On day 2, same thing for day 3. Etc.

1 Like

Fuck you that’s what’s then.

Back to nothing is every going to happen

Footnote in history that president trump was under indictment for a billion felonies when he won the White House again and purged all his enemies

2 Likes

The deadline thing is misleading, as the article notes “The lawyers said that unless Chutkan rules otherwise, they plan to ignore upcoming deadlines…”.

Spoiler alert: Chutkan will rule otherwise.

2 Likes

They may be deliberately saying contradictory things. The article also says

Trump’s attorneys indicated that even if Chutkan doesn’t grant the stay, they plan to ask the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals to do so and intend to operate as if there is one in place.

Most likely it’s just bluster to create drama and feed it to Trumpers but :man_shrugging:

DC Circuit will expeditiously deny the stay. I don’t know criminal procedure, but there are many criminal cases every year and I expect appellate courts to have an interest in avoiding stays of criminal trials.

1 Like

1 Like