Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

And who’s doing all this donating? Every rally I’ve ever seen looks populated by white trash. I know farmers make good money, but do rural folk do that well? Are these donations coming in from the wealthy who want their tax breaks? I’m genuinely curious

Your average small business man in rust belt or flyover country (e.g. car dealer or someone who owns a dental or chiropractor clinic) is super Trumpy. He probably gets a lot from these types

2 Likes

Assuming this is real… If he wasn’t a cheater, he wouldn’t have to preface so heavily he that he didn’t cheat

3 Likes

Wow! Tremendous round of golf, sir.

1 Like

Screenshot_20230826-174103

6 Likes

why not have the club independently report the results? he can still force them to lie, it’s his club. but he gets some sick (probably sexual) thrill out of delivering a lie

5 Likes

well obviously he lied on his scorecard, only question is was he the only participant or did others also intentionally shank shots and putts, ie putin playing hockey style.

oh right I don’t care the answer

1 Like

There is no hope for America.

1 Like

Trump is incredible shape for a septuagenarian (apparently).

Still needs to step his game up to hang with this despot:

That’s nothing. I once shot a 17

2 Likes

I always wonder whether Trump actually believes the shit he says about how great he is or whether he knows it’s all just a front for promoting his brand, so to speak. Posts like this make me think he actually believes it, which makes me jealous. I wish I had those powers of self-delusion.

I don’t think he believes it per se. Believing or not believing requires introspection. I don’t think you’re jealous of Trump’s self-delusion as much as his ability to avoid introspection.

The truth is irrelevant to him—not even worth thinking about. The only thing that matters is whether other people believe it.

3 Likes

It really must be great to never have a voice in your head questioning you.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure that’s true of narcissists. Most of the ones I’ve known have been terribly insecure deep down - you’d have to be to crave validation from others.

2 Likes

It’s the blind spot in how others perceive him that I marvel at. Most of us would be embarrassed to get caught cheating or in a lie. But he’s missing whatever mechanism that causes one to feel shame. He’s simply incapable of ever being embarrassed. I do kinda envy that in a way. Fear of embarrassment probably has prevented me from doing some shit in life that looking back, I wish I did

I think maybe it’s in the way his brain performs the calculation. If he comes off as awesome to even a few gullible people, that offsets thousands or any amount of people thinking he’s an absolute idiotic buffoon

So I was talking to some IRL dude who claims “doesn’t like Trump but will vote for him”. Among other things, in his mind, one of Orange Man’s great achievements was the Abraham Accords. That’s one of those things I was only barely aware of.

After looking into it, it seems like it did approximately nothing. Anyone have a different take?

Isn’t that what Jared was working on for like 2 years and was proclaimed as finally reaching peace in the middle east?

Israel’s relations with lots of Arab countries has improved over the past decades. Mostly it’s aligning of interests of Sunni countries and Israel against Iran. They’ve been cooperating behind the scenes with Saudi Arabia for many years.

Increased US-Saudi tensions might throw a wrench in Saudi-Israel reproachment though. Hard to imagine the US brokering a Israel-Saudi normalization while Saudi Arabia flirts with joining BRICS. The Israelis haven’t been terribly keen on supporting Ukraine either though so who knows. It would be hilarious if the Saudis normalize relations with the Israelis in a deal brokered by not the US, like if China facilitates it.

So it’s not nothing but I don’t think Trump had much to do with it. And it just normalized already friendly relationships.

3 Likes

I thought it might be, but not 100% sure.

Thanks. That’s helpful.

2 Likes

I see what you are saying but I think Trump’s narcissism is functionally opposite to your description.

Narcissism is a self defense mechanism that’s cultivated into an individual’s personality style. The dynamic is dominated by hyper vigilance.

Trump never lets off the anti-shame gas precisely because he is so overwhelmed with feelings of shame and insufficiency that he spends every waking moment at war with it. He is no different in that regard than almost any of us, with the exception that he is not free from the same wounds but rather flailing in even greater flights of despair.

It is a feature, not a glitch, that our vulnerability to a narcissist’s projections (you’re not alone in falling for it sometimes is all I mean) ends up being the thing they most focus on exploiting. It’s easy to perceive Trump, for example, as being free from shame because he has no relationship with it, but he never mentions it because while it’s the thing a narcissist is running most fiercely from feeling, it’s actually what they are ALWAYS feeling.

5 Likes