Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

IMG_7021

He doesn’t need Fox News. That’s just crazy talk.

Awww shit, indicting Razor Ramon even after his death

6 Likes

Have you no respect for PRIVACY rights???

Also, I want to know every state secret.

6 Likes

Hey chico

3 Likes

Wtf. I don’t drink beer.

Check that: pound alcohol*

Ehhhhhhh

That means they would undergo a medical screening, be fingerprinted and have mug shots taken, and could spend time in a holding cell at the jail, weeks after the Justice Department announced an investigation for what it called “serious allegations of unsafe, unsanitary living conditions” there.

Holding cells may hold multiple random prisoners. Story describes some of said conditions. Processing can take days. So despite what the Sheriff said, it’s likely Trump gets special treatment even if he does go to this shithole of a jail.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Anonymous poll: Have you ever been in a jail (as a prisoner, bailing someone out, taking a guided tour or whatever)?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

I feel like I should be getting charged for this level of entertainment.

3 Likes

Does Alcatraz count?

I’ve stopped by my local jail to get fingerprinted.

Going there probably doesn’t make anyone think it would be a nice place to spend extended time with possibly violent strangers, so I’m gonna say yes.

In her indictment, Fani Willis wrote, “On or about the 27th day of December 2020, Mark Meadows sent a text message to Office of the Georgia Secretary of State Chief Investigator Frances Watson that stated in part, ‘Is there a way to speed up Fulton county’s signature verification in order to have results before January 6 if the Trump campaign assists financially?”

lol mark is effed

2 Likes

We went with my MIL about two weeks ago. I had been a couple times before, but this is the first time I’ve been there where they had access to the yard open to the public.

It was an absolutely perfect day in San Fran. 74 degrees and sunny. I’ve been there a lot and don’t think I have ever had a more picture perfect day.

The yard, at Alcatraz, was one of the coldest places I have ever been in my life. The wind was VIOLENT even though there was almost no wind during our entire time in downtown SF. It was so cold my teeth started chattering, again on a 74 degree and sunny day. On the audio tour the guys talk about how cold the yard was but that guys would take as many hours out there as possible simply to get away from the inside. I’ve obviously seen a lot of that prison before, but this trip truly showed me just how awful it must have been. Imagining some of these guys out there in the winter for HOURS just to get away from the prison is almost unbelievable to me.

4 Likes

In elementary school they took us on a field trip across the street to the city jail. They held Cochise there for a day so it was historical or something. Much later, I also visited the new facility. That was a different kind of occasion but neither place was what I would call inviting.

It was disrupted by the pandemic and hasn’t really returned to normal, but for years I have lead and spoken at AA meetings inside LA County Jails. There’s a pretty rigorous background check done, so we move freely once we’re inside, which still seems crazy to me. It’s also pretty common to be left alone with 30+ inmates, also pretty wild. These are generally people in there on DUI/drug possession so they’re not exactly hardened killers, but still.

This includes the womens’ jail, by the way. It’s not like the movies!

Also, I have met some pretty great sheriff’s deputies in there over the years, but many of them are dickwads, you’ll be shocked to hear.

I keep thinking of more stories. At Men’s Central Jail, there is a segregated floor for gay/trans inmates. It’s about 500% better than the other floors, so straight people claim to be gay to get put there. In the past there was a quiz they’d use to suss out the non-gays, I feel like that cannot possibly still be true but I don’t know.

12 Likes