Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

We discussed this earlier. Both sides have to agree to that. Trump can’t request it unilaterally.

2 Likes

How about trial by combat?

9 Likes

Trump’s best case scenario for each trial is a split decision. There is no way he is getting any not guilty verdicts.

He can do trial by combat with Elon Musk, which would delay things indefinitely.

4 Likes

Trump is going to end up in ADX.

1 Like

I hope we find out that he’s 5 foot 3 and 300 pounds

8 Likes

“Emergency” episode covering many of the topics coming up here. They don’t think Meadows’ case will be removed to federal court because

the charges don’t relate to Meadows’ official duties as Trump’s CoS. Like Meadows can’t commit murder in GA and avoid a trial in state court because killing people isn’t his job.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the MAGA Batson variation during voir dire.

We knew Smith got a subpoena for them but it wasn’t clear he actually used DMs. People are now saying he did and there are a bunch. Potentially big if true.

Yeah, Meadows’ “job” in this context is something more like a campaign manager. Biden or any other candidate not yet in office has similar people, and it wouldn’t make sense to elevate Meadows’ actions to “official duties” when they were not on behalf of the office of president. In fact, Meadows should probably be charged under the Hatch Act for some of his bullshit. That said, with this federalist society state judge, I think a federal court would be better. (But I really don’t know, because the jury pool will be worse, and federal judges would likely be stricter on the prosecution as a matter of course, whereas this GA RICO stuff seems pretty freewheeling. Apparently the Young Thug RICO prosecution is in its 8th month of jury selection according to Popehat)

1 Like

I guarantee there will be significant “surprises” that come out in both cases.

2 Likes

Eight like one more than seven? Holy shit.

1 Like

8 Likes

Still a tax write-off.

2 Likes

Rapper Young Thug was denied bond for a fourth time on Friday during a hearing in Atlanta as he awaits trial on gang-related charges stemming from a sweeping RICO indictment in Fulton County, Georgia.

You got any more of them bond denials?

1 Like

They must go after the best of the best jurors. So that’s good.

3 Likes

Jury selection just goes on indefinitely?