Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

I didn’t say he should be found innocent. I was making the point it will be his defence and if he is acquired will certainly be one of reasons.

That is like 0.09% of his networth. It’s like me losing $100.

An no indictments are in no way consequences. Especially ones that both increase your fund raising and your polls.

When he is convicted and spends any time in jail or has a real legal outcome I’ll agree.

1 Like

you have $111,111? That’s pretty wealthy for Alberta.

6 Likes

Lol damn I knew I should have done the actual math. :joy:

3 Likes

If you want to say that jail is the only consequence you’ll find to be serious enough to satisfy you sure I 100% agree. Saying that indictments and losing millions in lawsuit is not a consequence is overstating things.

1 Like

Trump spewed so many election fraud claims, that it seems like a reach for his attorneys to contend that he felt all of them were true. I mean, was it voting machines, or illegal immigrants voting, late night dumps, corrupt vote counters, Italian satellites, forged signatures, drop boxes, or dead people voting for Sleepy Joe that ruined everything?

2 Likes

All of them bro

2 Likes

IANAL, but this doesn’t seem accurate to me. Like…’ you are free to engage in an extralegal conspiracy as long as your intentions are pure’ doesn’t track. But I’m not about to study up on the statutes.

Booked

2 Likes

I don’t know the actual math but would bet he made more than $5m extra after each indictment. I wish my consequences were as serious. :grinning:

Hey, 1 for 3.

6 Likes

If this actually happens I’ll post a massive mea culpa and admit how wrong I was.

I really sincerely hope this happens. His being in jail would right my view of humanity.

1 Like

I think he would be at the jail for whatever processing/paperwork they do. Let’s not get too excited.

3 Likes

Will all four cases have a jury? If so, will conviction require unanimous agreement from the juries?

4 Likes

Also, if he were to claim he thought they were true, he would need to take the stand and testify to this under penalty of perjury and subject to cross-examination. The cross examination would laboriously go over about 50-100 of his tweets and other statements and related evidentiary documents that cover the the same territory and contradict him. There will also be many witnesses saying they told him directly conflicting information.

Also, as indicated, a conspiracy to submit false slates of electors is a crime even if you thought the “real” result was that you won. Just because your bank balance is off by -$200 and you think you were shorted by the bank doesn’t mean you can rob $200 from the bank.

5 Likes

I’m not all the way in “nothing matters” territory anymore, but do we know that $5M actually has changed hands?

3 Likes

Legal bods, chances of this happening? I’m struggling to see a justification for it since it’s a state crime but I know nothing.

Also keen to hear an answer to this, my understanding is YES which is my main reason for having low expectations.

2 Likes