Donald J Trump: Rip Van Winkle edition

You predict their performance will be better or worse than precedent?

3 Likes

Why oh why am I stanning for this hump? But, she clerked for a judge and worked as a United States attorney —

“ From 2013 to 2020, Cannon was an assistant United States attorney for the Southern District of Florida.[10] As a federal prosecutor, Cannon worked in the major crimes division, which included working on drug, firearm, and immigration cases, then moved to the appellate division, working on convictions and sentencings.[3][7] In 2018, Cannon was part of the prosecution that won an appellate case involving Mutual Benefits Corporation’s former lawyer Anthony Livoti Jr., reaffirming his 10-year sentence for fraud related to insurance investment.[”

All judges that have a lot of criminal case experience at one point only had 14 days.

Pretty sure that’s a fake Truth™ tweet.

2 Likes

Read the article, not the wiki. But sure, she has more criminal experience than, say, me, mostly handling minor stuff. However, having a couple of years experience as a prosecutor doesn’t qualify you to be a judge in a complex and high profile case, even if you were a star appointee, which she decidedly was not. This is like putting someone who just passed her driver’s exam into the Indy 500. It’s not a difference in degree but in kind.

Also, most of her work as a prosecutor was on appeals, not trials.

https://twitter.com/tomaskenn/status/1669396680645410824?t=xdagyxArF1SV2NDrCr6u9A&s=19

15 Likes

What are you talking about, it says Truth right on the label.

Hmm. Would she bother if she was just going to torpedo a trial? Probably, if she wanted to make a show of following the usual procedures or whatever.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1669401347706191872?s=20

Judge Cannon has entered an order in the Trump docs case directing all current/“forthcoming” lawyers to get in touch with DOJ asap (if they haven’t already) to expedite getting necessary security clearances squared away – compliance notice that they’ve done that due June 20

Gotta look like you are playing by the rules right up to the moment you find an opportunity to dismiss the charges and attach double jeopardy.

2 Likes

And how is this supposed to work wrt Walt Nauta? The guy didn’t even have a lawyer on Tuesday.

4 Likes

Damn, it sure sounds like all this will take a lot of time

I just wince when I read dumb shit like this. But it’s probably going to go on for months

Your pony didn’t pick up the check either

I don’t know what you’re talking about

Aileen Cannon is a millennial

Team Trump workshopping an insanity defense

no Blauschein for the invalid

That’s probably his best bet. I’m not entirely sure he’s not just straight up delusional and his psyche isn’t equipped to accept defeat of any kind or being wrong about anything

Am I missing something. Did the first indictment get dismissed?

They all did

1 Like